Category Reports not working - how to fix

So, I have my checking account and at least a dozen credit cards where every transaction is meticulously categorized.
I am trying to run a report showing what I have given to charity this year, by charity. The report does not pick up all the transactions for all the accounts. For example, there is one charity where I give $100/month on a particular credit card. The report only shows February-June. But there are transactions for January, July, August, September, etc. What is the fix?
Note I tried this both with my memorized report that I customized and as well by doing a category report where I only selected the charitable category but all accounts. Similar results. Many transactions are missing.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure that the date range for the report is correct?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance that the charitable transactions were somehow assigned to an incorrect Category?

If you run a Spending report using all Accounts and all Categories for the entire year do your "missing" charitable contributions show up somewhere on that report?
  • The date is set to year to date. I’ve never run a spending report but I can try that.
    I checked and the charitable transactions are correctly categorized in the respective credit card account - but only some of them (not all) show up in the 2 reports I ran.
  • Thanks for these good suggestions- I am digging further into the details.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you created the new report, did you get the same results i.e. the same total amount or as you said "similar" results? 

Just to be sure, go to Tools > Category list, click on Show hidden categories at the bottom, and make sure you don't have two similarly-named categories for your charitable contributions. 
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.