Investment Acccount

Options
Why would a 2016 investment account be included in a 2019 net worth total?

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Quicken still showing you have shares in the account?  If you sold and closed the account maybe there is still some partial shares left in it.  Or some cash.  Try going into the account and changing the final sale to sell All shares.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• dwneas
    dwneas Member ✭✭
    Options
    The register for that account is -0- and cash shows -0-- after the xout of the balance.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does the account show 0 on the Net Worth report?  I think you can hide the account or probably just customize the report to not include it.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• dwneas
    dwneas Member ✭✭
    Options
    The last transaction was 7/14/2016 and the account does not show up on my listing of accounts but does appear when I run a net worth report. Strange.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you have "No security (includes cash)" selected in the securities for the report? If not, the cash balances for the report will probably be wrong.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "The last transaction was 7/14/2016 and the account does not show up on my listing of accounts but does appear when I run a net worth report. Strange."
    Not so strange if the Account is ticked under the "Accounts" tab of the Net Worth report, which you certainly can do, even if the Account is hidden. 
  • dwneas
    dwneas Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just did a workaround and omitted that account under the settings. It is still strange that that account, even though transferred out three years ago, still appeared when I ran the Net Worth report. Regardless, thanks you for your comments.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "It is still strange that that account, even though transferred out three years ago, still appeared when I ran the Net Worth report."

It's always been the case that hidden Accounts can be included in a balance sheet report.  The fact that an Account "today" has a balance of $0 and has been hidden 3 years ago doesn't necessarily mean that you'd never want to see that Account in a balance sheet report.  If you ran a balance sheet report covering the period 12/31/13 to to date and specified an Interval of "Month" that Account should, necessarily, be included during the time that it had a balance in it and would show "$0" thereafter.
This discussion has been closed.