Lost data

When Quicken updated, all my entries from the last 6 years have disappeared, but the balances shown do reflect what they were the last time I entered data last week.
This happened once before and the data reappeared after I restarted my computer, but not this time.

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried restoring a backup from before the update?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Jim32
    Jim32 Member ✭✭
    Same here - when I update to the cloud, things change. Paychecks get deleted, random transactions go missing... I have even had new things (like transfer reminders) added to the registry.

Something is definitely wrong when syncing to cloud. I've turned it off for now while I continue to fix the stuff that breaks after syncing to Cloud.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Sync to Mobile is messing up your data, do be sure to Reset Sync so that a brand new Sync file is created on the server next time you resume sync. If you continue to work with an old, suspected (or known) to be bad sync file, your data file will get corrupted again.
  • paulogo63
    paulogo63 Member ✭✭
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > Have you tried restoring a backup from before the update?

I tried something but a message said I could lose everything. I am backed up on an external drive and on Dropbox but not sure how to do it from Dropbox.
  • paulogo63
    paulogo63 Member ✭✭
    I do not have Quicken on a mobile device.
  • paulogo63
    paulogo63 Member ✭✭
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > Have you tried restoring a backup from before the update?

I would restore from Dropbox but it says I last updated 7 weeks ago, but I backed up 7 days ago. I am afraid of losing 6 weeks work of entries.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just change the extension of a Quicken backup file from .QDF-backup to .QDF and then open it in Quicken. Just make sure the name is different than your current Quicken data file.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • paulogo63
    paulogo63 Member ✭✭
    I'm not sure what you are advising, but saying "just make sure" suggests I could lose data if I don't do it correctly, and I don't know much about extensions and naming data files.
This discussion has been closed.