How to use cut and paste for memos and other items and NOT the full transaction

Options
Often times I have a note in the MEMO line of the check transaction register that I want to copy and use elsewhere or use CUT and move it elsewhere. In MAC, using Control C and Control V do not work and cause the category list to appear. FAIL. So what's the answer?

Best Answer

• Dave S
    Dave S Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Actually, I'm using Quicken Deluxe and Windows 7 on an MAC (Mojave10 O/S) using Parallels 14.1Home Edition. So here is the solution. In Quicken, at the top of the window, select EDIT and in the drop-down select SETUP. Then change the KEYBOARD MAPPINGS setting from QUICKEN STANDARD to WINDOWS. Now using CONTROL X (cut) or CONTROL V (paste) or CONTROL C (copy), all works as I wished. Just highlight what I want to cut or copy first.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    It's Command+C and Command+V in the Mac world, and that works in the various fields (including memo.)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    It's Command-C and Command-V (not Control) on a Mac. (In Quicken and every Mac program that supports copying and pasting.) And those command keyboard shortcuts do work. (Note that you have to double-click the transaction to open it for editing before you can copy from it or paste into it.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Also, if you wish to make the shortcuts for Category list and other windows something different than the defaults, you can do so thusly:

macOS Custom Keyboard Shortcuts

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Dave S
    Dave S Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Actually, I'm using Quicken Deluxe and Windows 7 on an MAC (Mojave10 O/S) using Parallels 14.1Home Edition. So here is the solution. In Quicken, at the top of the window, select EDIT and in the drop-down select SETUP. Then change the KEYBOARD MAPPINGS setting from QUICKEN STANDARD to WINDOWS. Now using CONTROL X (cut) or CONTROL V (paste) or CONTROL C (copy), all works as I wished. Just highlight what I want to cut or copy first.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Dave S I'm confused, but I'm glad you have it sorted out to your liking. ;)

So you're using Quicken Deluxe for Windows? (You didn't mention that, and you posted the question under a Quicken Mac category.)  If so, that's a Quicken Windows issue, or a Parallels issue, not a Quicken Mac issue. (Quicken Mac's Edit menu doesn't even have the Setup selection you describe.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.