The asset allocation graph does not include foreign (or global) bonds as an asset type.

The asset allocation graph does not include foreign (or global) bonds as an asset type. This category was present in a previous version of Quicken. The foreign bond funds we have are included in "Domestic Bonds". Can this category be restored to the Asset Allocation graph & report?
Thank you.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Q product are you running?  What BUILD of Q?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Because I'm running "Home & Business", Subscription, Build 27.1.23.17, I.E., the latest Build, and I have "Global Bonds" available as an Asset Class:

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Howard said:
    The asset allocation graph does not include foreign (or global) bonds as an asset type. This category was present in a previous version of Quicken. The foreign bond funds we have are included in "Domestic Bonds". Can this category be restored to the Asset Allocation graph & report?
    Global Bonds is there in both the report and the graph. I suggest you examine the foreign bond funds you own and make sure they have the correct asset class mixture as shown in NotACPA's dialog above.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Hello,
    This is Quicken - Premier 2020 build 27.1.23.17 versio R23.17. Please see the attached screen capture. The global bond component of the D&C Global Bond fund is not downloaded, so this never registers in the Asset Allocation. I do not know why the global bond component of the fund is not downloaded.
  • Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Oh, yes, I forgot. Mr./Ms. NotACPA, thank you for responding to my question.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Howard said:
    The global bond component of the D&C Global Bond fund is not downloaded, so this never registers in the Asset Allocation. I do not know why the global bond component of the fund is not downloaded.
    Incorrect information is being downloaded. When I go to the D&C site, I see this for DODLX. You should manually input the domestic & international allocation.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    One might also get truly picky and say "global bonds" includes domestic bonds. It would be nice if the Quicken allocation component were "international bonds".

• Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Mr./Ms. Squirrel,
    Yes, I understand that the correct information is not downloaded. I would like to know if this can be corrected somehow.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howard said:
    Mr./Ms. Squirrel,
    Yes, I understand that the correct information is not downloaded. I would like to know if this can be corrected somehow.
    In the screen that I displayed earlier, you can input your own values.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Yes, I understand this. But I have several bond funds that own global bonds. Finding the values for each fund takes time. It would be better if the download function worked properly.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited December 2019
    That is a legitimate complaint. It is also different from the complaint in your original post, which was that global bonds were missing from the graph & report. The original complaint is what we were responding to.

I don’t know the source of the allocation data for funds. Quicken is getting them from somewhere. That somewhere is sending the data you are seeing.

• Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Mr./Ms. Squirrel:

You are correct. The previous responses to my original complaint directed me to determine the root cause of the problem: The Global Bonds category did not appear in the Asset Allocation graph because these data were never imported into the portfolio.

At this time, I would like to know if I am the only person whose version of Quicken does not download the Global Bonds fund information. If I am the only person who is not receiving this information, then perhaps there is an adjustment I can make on my own installation to obtain this data. If no one else is receiving this data, the perhaps Quicken should fix the problem.
  • chitownhockey
    chitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    The allocation percentages are downloaded from your financial institution.  Only they can provide you with the "correct" percentages.  If inaccurate information is downloaded to Quicken, I'm not sure what you expect Quicken to do about it. 
  • Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Here is the problem: Our portfolio contains at least four (4) mutual funds that definitely hold global bonds. But Quicken shows 0% for global bond fund percentage for ALL of these funds, although we have "Download asset class information" checked in the "Edit Security Details" window.

The global bond percentages have appeared in previous versions/builds of Quicken we have had. Something has changed. I would like to know if this is peculiar to our own installation of Quicken, or other people have seen this.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @chitownhockey and @Howard

Actually the asset class info is downloaded from Quicken's quote provider, not from the user's FI. Presumably Quicken and the quote provider could work out any inaccuracies in the data.  

Users can contact Support and try to get a ticket opened for this problem. Make sure you correctly describe it as a problem with the downloaded asset class data and not a problem with the asset allocation graph.

Based on other longstanding problems with the quote feed, I would not be optimistic that this will be resolved any time soon. In the meantime, users can go to the Security Detail view for affected securities, click on Edit Security Details, un-check Download asset class information, and click on Define to set the correct information. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    The allocation percentages are downloaded from your financial institution.  Only they can provide you with the "correct" percentages.  If inaccurate information is downloaded to Quicken, I'm not sure what you expect Quicken to do about it. 

This is not true. Asset allocation percentages are NOT downloaded from an individual's financial institution. What about securities and funds that are in a watch list, but are not owned by the user? These allocation percentages must come from a Quicken server, or some other source. Only account holdings and balances are downloaded from a user's financial institution.

For the record, I am also experiencing this problem from time to time. Mutual funds that have always downloaded the correct percentages will suddenly one day stop being downloaded. I then have to look up the fund's allocation, and manually enter it myself. I would also be interested in knowing why this happens.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996