Converting Quicken to Quickbooks

If I convert my Quicken Deluxe to Quickbooks online can I still use my Quicken and continue to transfer new data on Quicken to Quickbooks?

Best Answer

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general, we've never done the Quicken to Quickbooks conversion ourselves, so you would need to ask on the QB forum ( QB Forum ) if you can do incremental conversions from Q to QB after the initial conversion.
    I don't think it is possible, but the QB forum should be able to provide the answers.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• I just purchased Quicken 2020 and need to convert my Quickbook files
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken for Mac does not support conversions from QuickBooks. You will have to start a new file.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither does quicken for Windows.  You can only go one way-
    from Quicken TO QuickBooks 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just purchased Quicken 2020 and need to convert my Quickbook files
    SO, taking into account the replies by @John_in_NC and @volvogirl,. I'd suggest that you finish out 2019 in QB, and begin 2020 with Quicken.
    Get Q early, and start getting familiar with it, and setting your accounts and categories in Q, so that you're ready to go on 1/1/20.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• GLE81342
    GLE81342 Member ✭✭
    I already have Quicken. Not wanting to change to Quickbooks. Too much that I would never use as church treasurer.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then why did you originally ask about converting to QuickBooks?  And there was another user posting in your thread so some replies may be for him.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• GLE81342
    GLE81342 Member ✭✭
    Because someone i am training to use Quicken, in the event I have emergency, is trying to push me into using Quickbooks because she knows how to use it. I am the treasurer of my church and have used Quicken for 14 years. I works fine for my needs. Just trying to find out if it can be converted to Quickbooks in the event she does it without my knowing.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, the conversion from Q to QB does NOT delete/erase/change your data in Q.
    SO, if she does convert without your knowledge, the data in Q is intact.
    It's a non-issue.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.