Moving to subscription with multiple quicken files

Options
Rick2022
Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
Currently using Quicken 2017. I have a Quicken File and my daughter has a Quicken file. Since the 2017 version will be discontinued in April, I'm looking at moving to the subscription model. From what I've read, both new files would use the same Quicken ID. Does this mean, she would have access to my accounts and I hers? She currently has her own Quicken ID since that is what was required for each file/user in a household.

Would her data file update correctly when she signs in with my Quicken ID/Password since I'd be the subscription holder? Neither of us use the mobile app.

I need to know all of the pitfalls before I make this change.
Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The accounts in Quicken aren't tied to your Quicken ID as long as you're not syncing to the Quicken Cloud. I would set a different password on each data file.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, what do you mean set a different password on each data file? Are you referring to the password to open Quicken itself? We do not store data in the cloud but do download data for some accounts linked to banks, etc.

So, for her file to work, she would need to use my Quicken ID and password - correct? And stop using her Quicken ID.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Yes, you both would need to use the same Quicken ID/Password. 

Adding, Changing or Removing a Data File Password in Quicken for Mac
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.