One checking account won't open, all other accounts work fine

Options
A.BusDrvr
A.BusDrvr Member ✭✭
I'm having trouble with my main checking account. It refuses to open. All other accounts work fine. The file opens and all the accounts are displayed on the left. When I select my main checking account I get a continuous spinning circle and it won't open. Any ideas other than going back to a previous backup and re-entering all the data a second time?

Thanks,

George
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My first guess is that you've got a corrupted Q data file, Perhaps severely..
    SO, take a  backup and then do FILE, File Operations, Validate and Repair.
    Make sure that "Validate File" and "Rebuild Investing Lots" (if present) are checked before you click OK.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• A.BusDrvr
    A.BusDrvr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I forgot about the validate and repair functions. However, it didn't seem to help. The file was validated and repaired but the results are the same. If I select my main checking account it will not open, just the continuous circle, which sucks because of all the data I have in that account. I have backups so retrieving the data is possible, but not user friendly. I guess I'll have to start a new main checking account and reconstruct the last month.
  • A.BusDrvr
    A.BusDrvr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Of course it wasn't as easy as I thought....

I was willing to simply delete my main checking account and start over, but that option wasn't available since there were downloaded transactions that hadn't been reconciled. I would up restoring a backup from a month ago then downloaded all the transactions for my main checking account. Once that was reconciled and it seemed to be stable I downloaded all the data for my other accounts. A lot of work unfortunately.
  • A.BusDrvr
    A.BusDrvr Member ✭✭
    Options
    I saw the super validate instructions but apparently I didn't do it correctly as I never saw the confirmation. It's all good now since I restored a backup and downloaded the data. I'll keep the super validate on my list for next time.

Thanks for the help.

George
This discussion has been closed.