Are there any indicators that the conversion process is progressing?

Options
I waited over 40 minutes for the Windows to Mac conversion process, the first attempt. Then over 6 hours after several more attempts. Is there any sense to the message that the conversion may take several minutes... please be patient?

Comments

• Dwight Christensen
    Options
    The file conversion from Windows to Mac say I should validate the QDF file before attempting to convert. What do I do with the results of the validate procedure? It says there are no errors, but my file still doesn't convert. What is the problem?
  • Dwight Christensen
    Options
    My file has been "converting" for over an hour, but I don't see any change on the progress bar. How do I know if something is happening or if the program has stalled?
  • Dwight Christensen
    Options
    The Quicken Tech suggested that I re-enter over 500 hours worth of data records rather than figure out what's wrong with the conversion process. After 12 hours and 2 hours with Quicken techs who were also stumped, I found out the problem was identified in the validation process. 2 min later, I solved the problem. Quicken offered me 1-month subscription for the solution, a $4 value!
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your solution. Sad that support was no help.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.