Tax Schedule Reports both disappeared and save will not run 2019!

Options
Bob.
Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
A few days ago I ran all my yearly reports including 3 Schedule Reports - maybe A, C and D. Today I find another dividend issued yesterday so wanted to rerun some reports. All worked except Sched A from my saved reports

Now, the odd things:

In the reports window the category for Tax is now missing. Under the Reports Menu, it is there and when run from there will only run 2018 or before. No option for 2019 on Schedules A, B or D.

I saved a custom Sched A report and it is there in saved reports but will ONLY show 2020 items. Cannot set to show any custom dates, last year, yearly 2019 etc.

Just happened today! Worked fine a few days ago.

And I have Home and Biz 2017 that should be good until April so would not have turned off features. All other reports work as expected.

Help?

~Bob

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What happens if you set the date on your computer back to 12/31/2019? Do the reports work as expected then?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An interesting thought but not sure I want to try that as I have a number of scheduled tasks ad some scheduled to run on the first of the month, etc. Unsure how it would affect those.

Am I the only one with this? Can anyone else run a report today for Schedule A 2019?

I'm hoping it requires some sort of server ping and Quicken is closed today and it will sort tomorrow. But that could be wishful thinking.
  • cliffmason
    Options
    I just noticed my Tax Schedule Report is now missing as well. It worked a few days ago.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks! Always good to know not just me.

If you would, would you try a Sched A from the Reports / Tax menu and see if you can run 2019? And also what version of Quicken are you?

Thanks again.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If my memory is correct before the subscription model went into effect, tax reports only worked for the program year and year plus one? Maybe someone else can verify or otherwise.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some are working for 2018 and before and 2020 right now. But no 2019 on Sched A,B,D. Worked for 2019 a few days ago.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The tax years programmed into QW2017 for specific tax schedules (A, B, and D) are 2016, 2017, and 2018.  

The more general Tax Schedule Report can be presented for any set of dates; the "Yearly" selection offers 2016 through 2020, but that does not prevent specifying (for example) 1/1/13 - 12/31/13 as a custom date spec.  

One could certainly customize a general Tax Schedule report to only categories with a Schedule A tax line assignment, and save that report setup thereby getting Schedule A data for other years.  

I am not seeing any behavior different from previous years.  
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For me, QWin Premier Subscription 2020 R23.18, I now have 2018, 19, and 20 for the Sched A, B, and D reports. I believe 2020 was just added recently
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bob. said:
    An interesting thought but not sure I want to try that as I have a number of scheduled tasks ad some scheduled to run on the first of the month, etc. Unsure how it would affect those.

Am I the only one with this? Can anyone else run a report today for Schedule A 2019?

I'm hoping it requires some sort of server ping and Quicken is closed today and it will sort tomorrow. But that could be wishful thinking.
    Temporarily setting your computer date back to 12/31/2019 would not impact your first of the month reminders. Just be sure to set your computer date back to the current date when you are done with the test. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @q_lurker said:
    > The tax years programmed into QW2017 for specific tax schedules (A, B, and D) are 2016, 2017, and 2018.  
    >
    > The more general Tax Schedule Report can be presented for any set of dates; the "Yearly" selection offers 2016 through 2020, but that does not prevent specifying (for example) 1/1/13 - 12/31/13 as a custom date spec.  
    >
    > One could certainly customize a general Tax Schedule report to only categories with a Schedule A tax line assignment, and save that report setup thereby getting Schedule A data for other years.  
    >
    > I am not seeing any behavior different from previous years.  

> @q_lurker said:
    > The tax years programmed into QW2017 for specific tax schedules (A, B, and D) are 2016, 2017, and 2018.  
    >
    > The more general Tax Schedule Report can be presented for any set of dates; the "Yearly" selection offers 2016 through 2020, but that does not prevent specifying (for example) 1/1/13 - 12/31/13 as a custom date spec.  
    >
    > One could certainly customize a general Tax Schedule report to only categories with a Schedule A tax line assignment, and save that report setup thereby getting Schedule A data for other years.  
    >
    > I am not seeing any behavior different from previous years.  

Everything you say is true today. Not only different than previous years, different than a few days ago. However, no Tax category in the popup Reports window any long and a SAVED Sched A report that I ran on 12/30 for 2019 no longer will not allow 2019 no matter which option (last year, custom date, yearly, etc.) is selected and ALL of those worked on 12/29.

You are correct tha Tax Summaries run for 2019. Only Sched A, B and D fail since Jan 1.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @mshiggins said:
    > (Quote)
    > Temporarily setting your computer date back to 12/31/2019 would not impact your first of the month reminders. Just be sure to set your computer date back to the current date when you are done with the test. 

I'm not speaking of Reminders, I am speaking about Task Scheduler events in Windows for programs other than Quicken as well as other things date sensitive in Adobe and other programs. My gut says too risky and could create numerous issues.
This discussion has been closed.