How do I manuallly update my Thift Savings Plan price history?

Frustrated that the TSP trustee won't allow Quicken to access price history or transaction info for Quicken update purposes!!

I an a federal retiree, not yet drawing from my TSP, so I have no actual transactions to be entering. I have been manually updating the price history with each quaterly report with a "0 shares" purchase transaction for each of my invested funds. Read thru the Help topics & realized I can do a "price history" update for the end of quarter prices in an easier fashion than I have been doing. Led me to looking into how to manually update large volume of price history data, which lead me to this closed thread:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20017746#Comment_20017746

However attempting the suggested "Import Data" procedures resulted in a failure since the TSP securities do not have a recognizable ticker symbol and "Edit Security" will not allow me to add one of my making.

Jim_Harman (https://community.quicken.com/profile/Jim_Harman) since it was your suggestion, can you provide specifics on what I need to do to import the price history from a csv file?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why will TOOLS, Security List, clicking on a security name and then clicking  "Edit Security Details" not allow you to create a fictitious symbol?  What happens?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• craig.
    craig. Member ✭✭✭
    The ticker symbol field is not editable for me.. Had separate box to right to lookup symbol, but it is grayed out.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    craig said:
    The ticker symbol field is not editable for me.. Had separate box to right to lookup symbol, but it is grayed out.
    What is the Security Type set at for the TSP security?  For some types (Bond and Mkt Index?), the ticker field is greyed out. If so, change the type, edit the ticker, then change it back if really applicable. Generally, Bond is intended for individual bonds; Mkt Index is not applicable for tradable securities. 
  • craig.
    craig. Member ✭✭✭
    > @q_lurker said:
    > (Quote)
    > What is the Security Type set at for the TSP security?  For some types (Bond and Mkt Index?), the ticker field is greyed out. If so, change the type, edit the ticker, then change it back if really applicable. Generally, Bond is intended for individual bonds; Mkt Index is not applicable for tradable securities. 

Sorry for the delay. My attempt to reply to the email notification wouldn't go through and I didn't have time til now to log back in.

The Security Type is Mutual Fund.

If TSP funds don't have ticker symbols, will anything be usable in that field as long as it matches what I have for that field in my csv file?
This discussion has been closed.