Can Quicken XG files be converted

n the data files be coverted to a newer version. I have to install on a new machine and either re-install XG or upgrade. I have tried to re-install and I receive a message to contact Intuit who are no longer involved. Can someone help.

Best Answers

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    See if this previous discussion from April 2019 is helpful. Read the entire discussion

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7852885/quicken-xg-licence-expired-how-can-i-convert-qdf-to-qif
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Don said:
    n the data files be coverted to a newer version. I have to install on a new machine and either re-install XG or upgrade. I have tried to re-install and I receive a message to contact Intuit who are no longer involved. Can someone help.
    Don was this a CAD version of Quicken XG? That's old school software, probably 15 years.
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • Don
    Don Member
    Thanks for the response JR7107
    Yes it is 15 years old but continued to do the job. I need to move on to a modern version. I live in South Africa and do not know of any local support.
  • Don
    Don Member
    Thanks for the input will give it a go.
  • Don
    Don Member
    Completed this successfully and now running Quicken 2013 Deluxe but need business tools, can these be added.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Don said:
    Completed this successfully and now running Quicken 2013 Deluxe but need business tools, can these be added.

Congratulations!
    I'm not aware of a freebie Q 2013 H&B lurking around somewhere (and I'm hesitant to suggest looking around the Internet for someone selling old Quicken copies ... one just never knows what you're getting yourself into, if the seller isn't reputable.)
    Unless somebody else chimes in here ...
    I'd say, bite the bullet and purchase and install Q 2020 (Subscription) Home, Business and Rental https://www.quicken.com/personal-finance/quicken-home-business-2019 either directly from Quicken.com or any reputable Internet retailer, whoever gives you the best price for the longest possible subscription duration.
    Living abroad, you may have to fake a US address for product registration, but you should be able to obtain a downloadable copy of the software.
    Also please remember that the US version is geared towards the US market and doesn't handle foreign tax methods (VAT, etc.)
    If you really need business functions for invoicing, inventory, geared specifically towards your country of residence (South Africa, wasn't it?), I recommend checking in with Quickbooks to see if they have a version for your country.
This discussion has been closed.