how do I change a linked checking account from an investment account?

Options
I am unable to change a checking account linked to an investment account.

Best Answer

Answers

• thomasjackson112
    Options
    The linked checking account is already prefilled; I can not find a way change the account to another one.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't move a Linked Checking Account to another brokerage account.  The LCA represents the cash in your brokerage account.
    BUT, you can only create a new LCA in the other brokerage account ... providing that the other account isn't a retirement-type account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• thomasjackson112
    Options
    Thanks for your help. I am not trying to move a linked checking account to another brokerage account. In this case, Vanguard is depositing dividends in one of my accounts to a different money market account within Vanguard. I am just trying to change that money market account so that it receives the dividends.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your help. I am not trying to move a linked checking account to another brokerage account. In this case, Vanguard is depositing dividends in one of my accounts to a different money market account within Vanguard. I am just trying to change that money market account so that it receives the dividends.
    If you want to be able to transfer cash from the investment account, open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, choose No for Show cash in a checking account, and select OK.  Otherwise, I suggest you perform the cash transfer from the linked checking account.

Before making any significant changes, always save a backup: press Ctrl + B
This discussion has been closed.