Quicken crashes when changing location where backups are stored

Monica
Monica Member ✭✭
I want to change the folder where backups are stored. When I click "Change" the screen goes dark and eventually a message comes up "Unable to create the error report. Please verify that there is enough space in your TEMP Folder." I click "okay" and Quicken just closes.
Tagged:

Comments

• Monica
    Monica Member ✭✭
    I want to change the folder where backups are stored. When I click "Change" the screen goes dark an
  • Monica
    Monica Member ✭✭
    Grrr, what I wanted to add is that I now discovered Quicken is crashing any time I try to go to another folder or even just open a folder. I'm using Quicken Deluxe for Windows 10.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monica said:
    I want to change the folder where backups are stored. When I click "Change" the screen goes dark and eventually a message comes up "Unable to create the error report. Please verify that there is enough space in your TEMP Folder." I click "okay" and Quicken just closes.
    Hi @Monica ,

Read this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Ex:

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 18362.295
    Quicken 2019 Home & Business R21.16
    USA

Are you changing Automatic Backups or Manual Backups?

Comment Back with additional information.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Monica
    Monica Member ✭✭
    Greg the Greek, I am usually saving to an external hard drive. I was trying to also save to Dropbox. The system says I need administrator permission to access the controlled access folder - but it's my own home computer.
  • Monica
    Monica Member ✭✭
    Ex - I was trying to save a manual backup but as I added later, any time I try to click on the window to change a directory it crashes.
  • Monica
    Monica Member ✭✭
    Not sure if this is the information requested above but:
    Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.1246)
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe R24.11
    Connected via home router
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Again, what is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file?
  • Monica
    Monica Member ✭✭
    D:\Quicken\BACKUP\
  • Monica
    Monica Member ✭✭
    Don't know why that's a smiley face, should be a D and a colon
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Is that the folder that contains your Quicken data file or is that the path for the backup?
This discussion has been closed.