Creating a 2020 Register

:#
i am going through the process of creating a year end copy. that part works,, but when I want to start a new year, all my 2019 transactions are still there. Spoke to some tech support guy who assured me that this is how it has always been and that I cannot start with 1/1/20, even though Year End Copy give me the option to start with 1/1/20. Any thoughts on how I can fix this so that I can have a fairly clean 2020?

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Olga,

Not sure what the tech support person was saying - maybe he misunderstood what you were referring to.  As you correctly stated - you can create a year-end copy which then gives you the option to go forward with registers that do not contain prior year transactions - except for transactions that were not cleared prior to performing the year-end copy routine, and all investment transactions.

In the new file (after you did the y/e copy process) how far back do the transactions go?  If transactions include everything for 2019, is it possible, as part of the year-end copy process, that you entered 1/1/2019 instead of 1/1/2020?

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.