Quicken hangs when trying to delete a report

Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
I try to delete a report from reports and graphs, and quicken hangs...
Quicken H&B&RP 2020 R23.21
Windows 10 PRO, current

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

Check if Windows Defender feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

• Greg Brown
    I went through all troubleshooting before posting this. Windows defender is OFF.
    I validated file before trying to delete report again, same issue.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    About this "Quicken hangs" ...
    Is Quicken in a loop (Task Manager shows Quicken using a lot of CPU%, e.g. 25% busy on a 4-core CPU)?
    Or is Quicken waiting for a response from a popup menu that doesn't show, e.g., it shows behind the active window or it tries to display on a different monitor? Have you tried Alt-Tab to switch between active windows or CTRL-Tab to see a selection menu?
  • Greg Brown
     it's Quicken itself hangs it first starts with the reports and graphs window hanging and it prevents any further functionality of Quicken. And it's an 8 core score CPU and it's taking a lot of the CPU resources when it hangs like that

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Greg Brown

Thank you for the response and for providing more details, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support for further assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.