How do I turn off Synching Quicken to Quicken Cloud?

I am running the latest version of Quicken 2017 (R19.7) and I cannot determine how to turn Synchronizing Quicken to Quicken Cloud OFF. I have searched all the FAQs from Quicken and none work.

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    TOOLS, Schedule Updates and UNcheck "Sync Quicken Cloud"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• the1drjazz
    the1drjazz Member ✭✭
    NotACPA, thanks for your quick answer. I looked and, believe it or not, the box is currently not checked and I am still being prompted to Synch whenever I close the account or chose to open another one.
  • the1drjazz
    the1drjazz Member ✭✭
    I just now noticed that in Tools - One Step Update the box for "Synch to Quicken Cloud" is checked. I never use One Step Update but would this check box also control synching when I turn Quicken off or chose to open another account?
  • the1drjazz
    the1drjazz Member ✭✭
    I just tried unchecking the box and when I do the "Update Now" button greys out and becomes inactive so I am not able to save the One Step Update Settings with the box unchecked?
  • the1drjazz
    the1drjazz Member ✭✭
    Markus1957,
    Thank you for your post. When you say "sign back in with your same credentials" do you mean my current userid and PW or the different ones that I used to sign in as a different user per your suggestion?
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Your current/probably only ID & password.  "Sign in as a different user" is just a reference to the actual name of the link.  It's unlikely you have multiple working IDs/PWs, but in 2017 you might.  If you do have more than one, use the one associated with the Quicken account your version is registered with.  You are basically just signing out and back in; choosing not to use mobile during the sign back in process.
  • the1drjazz
    the1drjazz Member ✭✭
    Markus1957
    Thank you very much for your help. I was able to successfully perform what you suggested and I am now able to sign back into my Quicken for Windows. I actually had to request a password reset in order to access my account, but at least that worked.
This discussion has been closed.