All my Backup Files are missing in Quickn 2017

tpgross
tpgross Member ✭✭
When I log in, it asked me if I'm a new user, or open an existing file--instead of opening the last file that I used. This has happened twice. When I look for the backup files which should be on D:/Quickenbackup--which is where they have always been--the folder does not exist. I did not do anything to erase files or anything--it just happened spontaneously.
Fortunately, I found a Quicken file 6 months old and reactivated that file and backed it up. The next day, the same thing happened. I searched for that file and it was nowhere to be found on any drive--C or D drive.
What's going on? I see other people have had this problem...

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup? Have you tried restarting your computer?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try doing a Windows search for files ending in .QDF-backup
    Also, try looking in your Recycle bin.
    BTW, this appears to me to be a Windows issue ... not a Quicken issue as Q can't delete folders.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• tpgross
    tpgross Member ✭✭
    I have a solid state C drive and a D drive. The backup is D:/Quickenbackup. Everything used to be there. Yes, I have Windows Defender operational. I use the cloud drives you mentioned but don't use them for Quicken. I contacted Dell Support and they could not find the files and said to contact Quicken. So when I researched the issue, I see that others have had similar issues.
  • tpgross
    tpgross Member ✭✭
    For some reason the D is coming up as an emoji. I am trying to type d like in dee which is a hard drive; the C drive is a solid state drive
  • tpgross
    tpgross Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Ok thanks. Yes, the backup folder is 2 words. d:/Quicken Backup
This discussion has been closed.