Some stock prices not updating

I have about 40 stocks in an investment account in Quicken2017. Of the 40, about 6 update pricing automatically. The rest do not update. I have checked the security list and made sure the box is checked for the download. I am looking at stock Activision and the price for 11/30/19 populated as 54.83. Right below it I own Amazon. The stock price will not update. The setup of both stocks seems very much identical.

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    11/30 was a Saturday. There were no quotes for that day.
    Also, please do TOOLS,Security List, double click on Activision, click on Edit Security Details and take a screenshot of the resulting dialog?
    You can post it here by using the "paper with a folded corner" icon above you reply box

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• PMSnider
    PMSnider Member
    Quicken would still update the price regardless of day of the week. To prove, I changed the date to 11/29 and nothing changed. AMZN (one of many stocks in the portfolio that aren’t updating) did not update and still shows the previously entered price for a date in the past. I don’t see the icon you reference “paper with a folded corner”, but am currently replying on an iPad. I will go check my pc in a bit....
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's right here:

• PMSnider
    PMSnider Member
    I'm on my PC and those edit options do not populate like yours above. Only an emoji drop down.
    The Security Details for Activision are:
    Name: Activision Blizzard Inc
    Symbol; ATVI
    Type: Stock

The Security Details for Amazon
    Name: Amazon.com inc
    Symbol: AMZN
    Type: Stock

Activision updates no matter what date I select. Amazon does not. I am beginning to wonder if the only reason Activision seems to be updated is because I own hat stock in another account and had already entered the 11/29-11/30 stock price. This would lead me to believe that no stocks are updating automatically. Sorry for the change here....as I change dates from 11/30, to 11/29 to 11/28, Activision did not change from 54.83. Appears quicken isn't updating when I run the "get online quotes".
  • PMSnider
    PMSnider Member
    Sorry. The reason some stock prices are accurate is due to having entered them in another account. The download quote box was marked in all stocks, the updates came through for 12/31. Not so much historical pricing as Amazon for 11/29 still shows a price of 1755 even though the price is really 1800.80 on 11/29. Can't understand why its not updating all pricing....
  • PMSnider
    PMSnider Member
    Attached is screen shot.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order for quotes to download for a security, Quicken must have a valid ticker for it, the Download Qutes box must be checked, and you must either have a nonzero balance somewhere in Quicken or the Watch list box must be checked.

Quotes will only download via a one-step update if the Download quotes box is checked. 

Have you met all these criteria?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also you can hover over the little clock in the Quote/price column to see when the price for that secuirty was last updated.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • PMSnider
    PMSnider Member
    So AMZN does show updated as of 1/17/2020. What is preventing it from showing the 11/30/2019 pricing (or 11/29-friday) when I switch to that date which would tie into statement from brokerage?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try doing TOOLS, Security List, double clicking AMZN, click Update and Edit Price History.
    What's showing there? As that's were quotes for the various securities are stored and can be manually added or editted.

This discussion has been closed.