Format for my Category Summary report

Fran
Fran Member ✭✭
Every year I do a Category summary report for the year. I use tags as my subcategories. Quicken used to format a beautiful report with total by category and by the tags beneath those categories. Now, the format is totally different and very hard to read. It shows all the tags for every category even when the tag was not used. Anyone else have this problem.

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the additional info, Fran.

I believe you are looking at two different reports: the "Category Summary" report is the older report you describe (with the blue lines.) The matrix version you now see is a "Summary Report."

Your older report is still available and hasn't been modified. You can access it under the reports menu:

Answers

• John_in_NC
    How is it "different?'

I am not seeing any difference with the Category Summary report. Have you changed the preferences for which Tags are displayed?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What specific version are you using?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Fran
    Fran Member ✭✭
    smayer97. Thanks for asking. I am using 5.14.0. Delux 2020.

John_in_NC. The display of my category summary report is totally different. In 2018 the report showed the category as a row with a blue line and under it were rows for only the tags that were used for that category with a total for each. It was perfect! Now, my category summary report for 2019 has categories as rows and the tags as columns, so it's a matrix. With every single tax being a column, it makes for a huge spreadsheet that's very hard to read. Any help is appreciated. As for preferences -- for tags I specified that it show items with no tags as well as one with tags.
  • John_in_NC
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the additional info, Fran.

I believe you are looking at two different reports: the "Category Summary" report is the older report you describe (with the blue lines.) The matrix version you now see is a "Summary Report."

Your older report is still available and hasn't been modified. You can access it under the reports menu:

• Fran
    Fran Member ✭✭
    John-in-NC. You are the best! Your solved my problem. I just customized the Category Summary for 2019 and there is is, just the way I want it. Many thanks for taking the time to attend to my question -- and to guide me to the right answer.
This discussion has been closed.