Add a CUSIP to a security

I have a security in my security list which does not show a CUSIP, therefore downloaded transactions are showing up as Unknown Security. It is getting quotes for the security based on the ticker, but it's not accepting downloaded transactions. Is there a way to manually add the CUSIP to an existing security?

Best Answer

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.  The CUSIP gets assigned by matching the online security as provided by your broker to a Quicken security.

You should be able to go to Tools, Online Center, for that financial institution, Holdings tab, and Compare to portfolio.  That should present the opportunity to match them up.  
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The CUSIP ID is provided by the financial institution when we download transactions. The CUSIP ID is assigned to a Quicken security when we match an online security to a Quicken security.   Quicken should prompt to match an online security to a Quicken security when the financial institution provides a security with a CUSIP ID that has not been assigned to a Quicken security.  If a Quicken security has been mismatched, we may uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window and the Quicken security will become available to be matched to an online security when Quicken next encounters an unmatched online security.
  • Joseph
    Joseph Member ✭✭
    > @q_lurker said:
    > No.  The CUSIP gets assigned by matching the online security as provided by your broker to a Quicken security.
    >
    > You should be able to go to Tools, Online Center, for that financial institution, Holdings tab, and Compare to portfolio.  That should present the opportunity to match them up.  

When I go to Compare to Portfolio, it shows me 3 securities, and one of them is correct, but there is no way to match them up. In the Holdings tab it is identified as Unidentified Security. How would I normally redirect that to the correct security?
  • Joseph
    Joseph Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > The CUSIP ID is provided by the financial institution when we download transactions. The CUSIP ID is assigned to a Quicken security when we match an online security to a Quicken security.   Quicken should prompt to match an online security to a Quicken security when the financial institution provides a security with a CUSIP ID that has not been assigned to a Quicken security.  If a Quicken security has been mismatched, we may uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window and the Quicken security will become available to be matched to an online security when Quicken next encounters an unmatched online security.

In my security list, the correct security is unchecked for "matched with online security", and it is greyed out. So I don't see a way to match these up - any further ideas?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must un-check the wrongly matched security, then the next time you have tranactions to download for that security Quicken will show a dialog that gives you the opportunity to make the correct match.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Joseph
    Joseph Member ✭✭
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > You must un-check the wrongly matched security, then the next time you have tranactions to download for that security Quicken will show a dialog that gives you the opportunity to make the correct match.

Unfortunately that option is greyed out. Any idea how to force it?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Joseph said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > The CUSIP ID is provided by the financial institution when we download transactions. The CUSIP ID is assigned to a Quicken security when we match an online security to a Quicken security.   Quicken should prompt to match an online security to a Quicken security when the financial institution provides a security with a CUSIP ID that has not been assigned to a Quicken security.  If a Quicken security has been mismatched, we may uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window and the Quicken security will become available to be matched to an online security when Quicken next encounters an unmatched online security.

In my security list, the correct security is unchecked for "matched with online security", and it is greyed out. So I don't see a way to match these up - any further ideas?
    If an online security has been mismatched, we may uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window and the online security will become available to be matched to a Quicken security when Quicken next encounters the unmatched online security.
This discussion has been closed.