How to convert from one userid to another

I am a current user of Quicken Premier 2020 with active bill payments in process, income and future bill alerts. I want to change my old userid and replace it with a new one. What steps do I need to follow (online and/or in the program) to change my userid to my new one and preserve the integrity of upcoming bill payments, income and bill alerts... The Sign In as a different user warning seems to indicate that I will lose some/all of these in process/future transactions.
Thanks, Eric

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @EricD ,

If you want to convert from one Email Address to another Email Address you need to log into  https://www.quicken.com/ My Account and click
    Change Email/Quicken ID
    and follow onscreen instructions.

Are you talking about Quicken User ID which equals your Email Address, which must be used with Quicken Bill Pay,, if you are using Quicken Bill Pay.

After changing your Email Address/ Quicken User ID on Quicken, go into Quicken. Click Edit then Preferences. Click Quicken ID, etc. Then click Sign in as a different user.. Type Yes to Confirm and click Sign Out.

Re-register your Quicken Data File.

The links and information are inside.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which userid?  Quicken.com"s?  The financial institution's  Quicken BillPay's?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• EricD
    EricD Member ✭✭
    Hi, Splasher!
    my user id is my email. I am changing email providers and want to associate my account with my new on. I am not using Quicken Bill pay. We are using Direct connect with institutions that accept this.
    Does this change the steps we need to do?
    Thanks for all your help! Eric
  • thecreator
    Hi @EricD ,

Your Email Address is your Quicken User ID. You need to edit as explained above.

• EricD
    EricD Member ✭✭
    Hi, thecreator! Thanks for your help. Am I correct in understanding that the change steps will not affect bills that we have asked to be paid thru Direct Connect? Sorry for all the questions... Eric
  • thecreator
    Hi @EricD ,

Nope. You need to log into your Account, prior to losing your current Email Address. This is in case you selected to receive the Security Codes by Email.

The reason you need to Change Email/Quicken ID, rather than creating a New Quicken Account, is because you would lose access to the Download Quicken section and would affect your Subscription. Your Subscription is tied to your Quicken Account.

Make sure that the New Email Address is working before changing to it. Otherwise you could not receive the Security Codes by Email.

> "have asked to be paid thru Direct Connect? "  No problem with Bank.

Questions are not a problem. Make sure to update your Email Address with the Bank, too. Especially if the Email Address Account is going to be closed that you are changing from.

This discussion has been closed.