have report open in show all transaction by default

Can any tell me how to open a report so that it shows all transactions by default
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• zufanken
    zufanken Member
    Every time I open a report I have to click update to show all transactions. Any way I can change default to have it open showing all transactions?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    To open a Transaction report, select Reports > Banking > Transaction

To have a  report include the entire date range by default or to have a report open directly: select Edit > Preferences...

Note: If the default report settings aren't quite right, we can save the report's template after we've customized the report to our liking and access it directly at anytime: press Alt + S 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you want it to be like the Itemized Categories report after you have clicked on Update to Show and Transaction Detail, not all dates.

But as @Sherlock notes, once you have it looking the way you want, you can hit Alt-S or click on the floppy disk icon to save the report. When you open the saved report, it should have the same settings. 

Exceptions (bugs IMO) are column widths are not saved and as reported recently a date range of Custom to Date ends on the date the report was saved, not today's date.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • zufanken
    zufanken Member
    Yes, When I open a memorized report I have to click update to show all transactions. I have been using old reports and modifying the dates and re-saving in a new folder (for Taxes) Some reports do not have update to show button. These reports open so I can see all the detail. The ones with the update to show button do not. After I open show all transactions and re-save it reverts back to top level summary upon reopening.
  • zufanken
    zufanken Member
    Well I didn't think I would have to recreate the report from scratch instead of modifying the old report. (ie updating tax year and header). But, it worked thank you for your help. Quicken does a lot of things that are helpful but there are many annoyances as well :(
This discussion has been closed.