Not new to Quicken but looking into cloud

I have Quicken H & B on my PC and would like to be able to use it on my laptop as well. I need more information about using the cloud for this. Otherwise I'd have to install a copy on my laptop and use a flashdrive to move the data back and forth. Pros & Cons for cloud. Also would I still be able to use my H & B 2018 or would I need to buy the newest version? How to set up on the cloud?

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you have an active Quicken subscription, you have the latest version of Quicken.

The Quicken Cloud is not for syncing between 2 computers, it's for Quicken Mobile or Quicken on the Web. You can use Quicken on 2 computers by moving the data back and forth with a flashdrive or a cloud drive such as Dropbox.

How do I move my Quicken data file from one computer to another?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you have an active Quicken subscription, you have the latest version of Quicken.

To explain this further, you may have bought Quicken 2018 originally, but if you have kept the subscription active, you will have what Quicken Marketing calls Quicken 2020 installed now and have since last Fall.  The year associated with subscription is pure MARKETING, just check your release level at Help->About Quicken.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Thanks, What is "quicken on the web"? Basically so I can do online banking, CC and such?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you consider using a remote desktop client on your laptop to access your PC. 
This discussion has been closed.