Quicken Premier Windows: Losing balance when exporting to Excel

When I export last years transaction register, all columns appear in the Excel file except the balance after each transaction. Am I doing something wrong? Need to send to CPA. Thanks!

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    … I'm not sure why that would lose a data column in the export. I…
    To clarify, the balance is not a stored data column, it is a calculated column .  If it was a data column, changing a transaction's amount would require the balance in all subsequent transactions to re recalculated and stored which would slow things down greatly.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Rusty Dockery
    Rusty Dockery Member ✭✭
    splasher: this was directly from the register. It was supposed to represent the transactions in date order with balance after each. I get your point.
  • Rusty Dockery
    Rusty Dockery Member ✭✭
    Jim: I exported in the default. I'll take a look at it. Will try again in .csv although I'm not sure why that would lose a data column in the export. I can just add a balance column to the exported file but have several to do. Mostly curious ...
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    … I'm not sure why that would lose a data column in the export. I…
    To clarify, the balance is not a stored data column, it is a calculated column .  If it was a data column, changing a transaction's amount would require the balance in all subsequent transactions to re recalculated and stored which would slow things down greatly.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rusty Dockery
    Rusty Dockery Member ✭✭
    volvogirl, I got that. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.