Investing Displaying

When selected any "Buy" not all investment accounts are displayed on the drop down menu. I needed to fake a "Sell" in order to force its display to execute the "Buy". This a very old issue and no one pay attention.
Tagged:

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Please add more details about what you're trying to do. I cannot parse "When selected any "Buy" not all investment accounts are displayed on the drop down menu." Where selected? What menu? Add screen shots.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Eddy Gil
    Eddy Gil Member ✭✭
    Of course is for selected BUY trans. Transfering $$ $$$$
    from the drop down menu and the contra account does not show, I use a SELL transaction to force the proper display on the tran Buy.

If you do not understand my English what can I say? sorry
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me try to translate:

You are trying to buy a security in an investing account using cash transferred from another investing account, but the other account is not included in the "From" dropdown list. In order to complete the transaction, you must first sell a security in the other account.

Is that correct?

If so, is the other account a Single Mutual Fund account? That type of account cannot hold cash, so it can't be a source of cash for purchases in another account.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Eddy Gil
    Eddy Gil Member ✭✭
    You almost right. First, I want to use a Buy trans but the "from account" does not show. Then. using a "fake" Sell trans something happens inside the program that when I go back again to the Buy trans the "from account" now becomes visible. And finally I execute the intended Buy. Thank you
  • Eddy Gil
    Eddy Gil Member ✭✭
    The account is a Single Mutual Fund and it hold my cash there. When I Sell the cash goes into that account. No problems with Sells
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Single Mutual Fund account can NOT hold cash, only the single mutual fund described in the account setup.
    Is that security a Money Market fund, or somesuch?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Eddy Gil
    Eddy Gil Member ✭✭
    TYPE = BROKERAGE and Single Mutual Fund account -Yes.
    I have different Security accounts like Ge, PFE etc. In other words all monies are used from for Buys and Sells for my securities.
  • Eddy Gil
    Eddy Gil Member ✭✭
    > @Eddy Gil said:
    > TYPE = BROKERAGE and Single Mutual Fund account -Yes.
    > I have different Security accounts like Ge, PFE etc. In other words all monies in this Taxable account are used for Buys and Sells of my Taxable securities.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason that it must be a single mutual fund account - a requirement of the financial institution for downloading for example? If not, you can make it a normal brokerage account and then you will be able to see the account as a source of cash for Buys in other accounts.

Also you should not normally have a separate account in Quicken for each security you own. If several of your taxable investments are held in one brokerage account in real life,then you should have one account in Quicken for all of those investments.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Eddy Gil said:
    TYPE = BROKERAGE and Single Mutual Fund account -Yes.
    I have different Security accounts like Ge, PFE etc. In other words all monies are used from for Buys and Sells for my securities.

GE & PFE aren't mutual funds ... ergo they can't be held in a SMF account.
    AND, is that security in the SMF a Money Market Fund?
    Also, I concur with @Jim_Harman's reply.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Eddy Gil
    Eddy Gil Member ✭✭
    Jim,
    To track my security trans I use separate securities for trackingeach and it works fine. The separate "cash account" works just like my Brokerage account. Where I can view all of my taxable transactions under this cash account. My only problem is what I did id previously. I had the problem since day 1 (1990'S DOS) and then under Windows OS.
  • Eddy Gil
    Eddy Gil Member ✭✭
    Have the same problem under any Tax Free account or any other core account.
    Thank you
  • Eddy Gil
    Eddy Gil Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    A Buy takes the Cash from the comingle Cash Account. A Sell puts the Cash into same account. Example my security, GE, F, etc. it individually gets updated with number of shares a total value (+ or -)
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow.... I really don't understand any of this transaction flow....
    but still reading along...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Eddy Gil
    Eddy Gil Member ✭✭
    I know what security is,a Bond is, an IRA is etc. etc. I am a long time Quicken user and Trader. The only thing I need is to fix the bug, KIS. Thank you
  • Eddy Gil
    Eddy Gil Member ✭✭
    ps56k not a big deal.
This discussion has been closed.