Download activity from Bank

Options
I download activity from various accounts at various banks and brokers without an issue. At one brokerage company, I download without issue from several accounts. At that same broker, one account is downloaded and every transaction comes through as a transfer account or a Reinvestment (by this I mean, the transaction ends with an X or ReinDiv) when it should be a "straight transaction" (like Div, IntInc or Sold). How do I correct this issue?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More info needed in order to assist you.
    What Q product, and what BUILD of Q are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    What type of account is giving you the problem?  Is it a taxable account, or some sort of tax deferred account?
    What brokerage?
    When you do TOOLS, Account List, what does it say in the "Transactions Download" column adjacent to this account?
    When you click EDIT adjacent to this account, what is shown in the Account Type field of the Account Dialog?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jandr74
    Jandr74 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using the latest Q deluxe version via subscription.

The account is a tax deferred account (IRA) with Goldman Sachs, but I have other IRAs with Goldman that do not have the same issue.

On the account list, it says "Yes (Direct Connect)" in the download column just like the other IRAs and accounts with Goldman and other non-Goldman accounts.

Account type after click edit is 401k even though its an IRA. This should not be the issue as other "IRA" accounts that work fine also show 401k.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @jandr74

Thank you for providing that additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

Based on the information provided, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support for assistance with reviewing your log files.  The log files detail the internal communications between Quicken and the Financial Institution and detail the data exactly as it is being transmitted from the Financial Institution.

A review of this data will help determine if the transaction details are being transmitted to Quicken as "X" or "ReinDiv", or if the change is happening when the transaction details are entered into Quicken.

Once we are able to locate the source of the misinformation we will know the correct path to take to resolve the issue.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes with Support.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.