Need help adding a fund ticker

Hi All,
I am trying to add this fund https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FCAMIUH:LX to Quicken but I cannot seem to find the correct symbol or maybe Quicken cannot do it.
Any help truly appreciated

FCAMIUH:LX Just in case web links are removed from posts

Best Answer

Answers

• web
    web Member ✭✭
    Thank you very much. Hope Quicken can add other exchanges in Future releases.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd read somewhere that Quicken only works (for securities set up, price downloads, etc.) with tickers that are traded on US and Canadian exchanges.  Since this fund is not included in the list of securities that Quicken works with your options for tracking in Quicken are somewhat limited.  Maybe someone else has another suggestion but this is what I would do:
    First, if you haven't already done so, try setting up your brokerage via Add Account.  If your brokerage is listed during the set up process and if you have an online account with the brokerage this fund should download your holdings and transactions (buys, sells, dividends, etc.).  If the fund is downloaded Quicken will set up a security for this fund. 
    If your brokerage does not work with Quicken: 
    1)  Set up this fund manually via Add Security.  At the bottom of the Add Security pop-up click on the underlined blue font "Click Here" to set up this fund and you will be walked through the rest of the process.
    2) Set up a manual brokerage account via Add Account-->Brokerage-->Advanced Setup-->"I want to enter my transactions manually".  You will be walked through the rest of the process.  During this process you will have the opportunity to add your holdings of this fund from your Security List.  Or, if you want, don't add your holdings during the account setup process and manually enter an Add Shares or Buy transaction(s) into the account register later.
    3)  This process will require you to manually enter the fund prices in the future:  Security List-->Edit (for this fund)-->Update-->Edit Price History.  You can add prices as frequently or infrequently as you wish. 
    Let me know if this works for you or if you have additional questions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to me as if it trades in Singapore:

https://www.fidelity.com.sg/funds/mutual-fund/Fidelity-Funds-China-High-Yield-Fund-A-MINCOME(G)-USD-(hedged)/CHYHU/G

"FIL Investment Management (Singapore) Limited [“FIMSL”] (Co. Reg. No.: 199006300E) is the representative for the Fund(s) offered in Singapore." 

Same result -- a no go for Quicken downloads.
  • web
    web Member ✭✭
    Thanks for both replies.
    The fact that I live and use Quicken in Singapore is probably one reason I problems. My broker is Standard Chartered Bank which is not a listed bank on Quicken and I cannot even use the app as it only works with US accounts.
    Been using Quicken since Microsoft Money was stopped and have not found any local equivalent that does as well for me.
    Will just have to manually update all my funds as I have done before.

Thanks again for all the good advice.
This discussion has been closed.