I need help

Quicken wants our ID and password so we can sign on/download from investment accounts. Quickn adds my ID to my investment account. It looks like Invest, Inc (123ABC). Of course there is no ivestment account like that so I can't download. I haven't been able to delete 123ABC from the name Any help would be great.
Thank you
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Noone
    Noone Member ✭✭
    For my investment accounts I have an ID and a password. Quicken is adding my ID to the investment account name For example instead of Fidelity I have Fidelity 123ABC. Of course Fidelity does not recognize that name
    I can't select delete Password Vault because that option is not highlighted. I don't use password vault and would like to delete Any ideas? Thank you
    I AM NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER PASSWORD VAULT IN TAGS1! WHAT A PIECE OF #$@%
  • Noone
    Noone Member ✭✭
    Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The account name is not used to match an account at a financial institution.  The account number provided by the financial institution is used (open the register and press Ctrl + Shift + E).  This account number may or may not be the same as the account number known to you but should be unique to your accounts at the financial institution.

If Tools > Password Vault > Delete Vault and All Passwords... is not available, the Password Vault should not exist.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "For my investment accounts I have an ID and a password. Quicken is adding my ID to the investment account name For example instead of Fidelity I have Fidelity 123ABC."
    Where are you seeing this?  Are you referring to the name of the Account you see when looking at the Account Bar, (vertical column of Accounts to the left or right of the screen), and at the top of your registers ("spending" Accounts) or transaction lists ("investment" Accounts)?  If your answer is "Yes" then Quicken should never touch those as they are entirely user-entered.
    But you are referring to "ID and a password" here so perhaps you're referring to the Account names that come up on the One Step Update Summary?  Those names are coming from the financial institutions (FIs) themselves I believe.  In my case I see some names on the One Step Update Summary that simply are the FI's name, some are the FI's name plus the user ID, and some are the FI's name plus the account number.  But as @Sherlock pointed out, these names are not used for locating your account at an FI when you attempt to download information. 
    I assume you're seeing some message when you attempt to connect to Fidelity.  What's the error code?
    I have no idea what you're referring to by "I AM NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER PASSWORD VAULT IN TAGS1! WHAT A PIECE OF #$@%".  "Tags" are simply an extension of "Categories" when it comes to earmarking transactions in a way that's meaningful to you and Tags have no connection with the Password Vault.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Tom Young said:
    I have no idea what you're referring to by "I AM NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER PASSWORD VAULT IN TAGS1! WHAT A PIECE OF #$@%".  "Tags" are simply an extension of "Categories" when it comes to earmarking transactions in a way that's meaningful to you and Tags have no connection with the Password Vault.
    I believe this refers to assigning a tag to the post in the community.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sherlock You very well could be right.  That never crossed my mind.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea what the OP was referencing -
    but it was a dup posting - and had them merged by the Mods  -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Noone
    Noone Member ✭✭
    THANKS!
    When I try to a one step update I now have Fidelity listed 3 times. Two have an old ID and the top has my current ID On the other side of screen is a box for password I entered my password, unchecked the old 2 and hit enter. Then I get a screen that says:
    Please Enter Your Passwords
    To continue enter password for following institution

Fidelity Investments , Inc. for abc1234CBA

The Fidelity Investments, Inc.for abc1234CBA is in a box. abc1234CBA is my ID for Fidelity. I can't do anything with that screen.

Under Tools menus I can select Password Vault. I have 4 choices Set Up New Vault, Add or Edit, Reset or Delete Vault. Set Up is the only one lit for use. I can't access the other 3. I do not recall ever setting up Password Vault. Personally I did not see the need.
    Screen 1 the Welcome Screen with
    1) Enter passwords you'd like to store
    2) Create a single password for the Vault
    I hit Next and go to Screen 2 This says: Select Bank/CC. The first C is underlined
    Select a Password To Store
    Store Password For : Listed American Express I haven't used that since before I switched to Quicken 17. The list is definitely not current but APPEARS to be any account I ever set up.
    If I hit enter I create a password for American Express and confirm in the next step
    On Fidelity I get:
    Select Customer ID or User Name
    You have activated transaction download for more than one ID or Username
    Each ID or Username may have it's own password.
    Select the Customer ID or Username for which you want to store a password
    I have 3 choices of 2 old IDs and 1 current ID

I hit the Next key and get:
    Enter Password to store
    Enter password for Fidelity Invest
    Password
    Confirm Password

I do this Hit Next and I am told

Fidelity Invest could not use passwords you entered

I go to the Summary Screen. It lists my accounts including several that are obsolete, Under Password Stored every account has NO

The Fidelity account is Direct Connect. Everything else is Express Web connect. I don't know if thats the issue or something else. I GREATLY appreciate your help.
    THANK YOU
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    ok...I think you have confused a couple of displays and added to the story by wandering to the Password Vault arena....
    On the One Step Update screen, your Accounts are listed - at least those that have been setup for Online Access as per the Edit Account Details - Online Services.
    The One Step Update has the Accounts listed in order, with the name of the institution, and "some" have your institution online user ID also listed in parens... some don't.... it's just information, as your user ID is stored in the Account Details / Online Services.
    Next, across the page, you have a text box for your account password... that's it -
    Nothing more is needed to perform the One Step Update.... if the checkbox next to the institutional name is checked... you need to supply as password, else the "Update" at the bottom will be dimmed out.
    We are not using the Quicken Password Vault for any of this -
    If you have by accident, or on purpose engaged the Password Vault - that is a totally different and un-related discussion.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10