Contribx vs Xin with an IRA

Hi,
I have a transaction going into an IRA account. All of them usually say ContribX but I found one that says Xin. How do I change it? ContribX doesn't show up on the drop down menu.
Thank you.

Best Answer

• alexd
    alexd Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I figured it out. I didn't have the Account checked off as a retirement account.
    Thanks again.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just a guess, but after backing up you might delete the transaction in the "from" Account and then reenter it.  If you didn't enter the transaction manually but accepted the deposit into the IRA via a download that might be why it's recorded as an Xin.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think cash transfers to a tax deferred account entered via the Enter Transactions button are usually automatically converted to ContribXs, and Quicken tracks them as IRA contributions for tax reporting purposes.

You might try deleting and re-entering the transaction.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • alexd
    alexd Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the input. I did delete the transaction and reentered it but still no luck. It keeps labeling it as a Xin not a ContribX. It messes up my reports. There has to be a way to force it to ContribX but I can't figure it out. Any other thoughts?
    Thanks.
  • alexd
    alexd Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I figured it out. I didn't have the Account checked off as a retirement account.
    Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.