Design Forms layout not working--why are Amounts and other fields greyed out?

All the forms that I have designed and used over the last 10 years have been corrupted. None of them are usable, and now when I try to design new ones, the Amounts fields do not show up in the preview or in the actual finished document. I took a great deal of time getting them to work for all the rentals, and now I am unable to even design new ones to take their place!

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ Marilyn Speights,

Could you please tell us how the forms you were previously using became "corrupted" and more specifically - did tis have something to do with your Quicken program, or was it unrelated to Quicken.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Marilyn Speights,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the forms you designed and have used in Quicken for so long.  If you provide us with some additional information, we will be better able to help you with your problems.

It sounds as if you have recently updated your Quicken program. if that's correct, can you please tell us which version of Quicken you are now using (and which version of Quicken you were using in the past when the forms were working for you.  Please see this guidance to help you understand the information we need https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Please get back to us and we'll do our best to help!

Thanks,
    Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

1) Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

2) Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

This discussion has been closed.