Reports not showing date

Reports / Reports & Graph Center / How Much Did I spend on .... / Show spending on ... For the period "Earliest to date".

The report is accurate, but it does not show the date field. It shows the Date column, but does not show the actual dates in each transaction row. If I click on the Date column, the transactions are sorted (ascending or descending) and the dates flash, but then go away. I tried expanding the columns. Also tried turning off the Date column (in Show Columns of the report settings.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• vimarmot
    vimarmot Member
    I am using Quicken starter 2019 V22.15 Build 27.1.22.15 Cdn
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi "@vimarmot",

I tried to reproduce your report but I could not.  That could be because you are using the Starter version, although that is just a guess.  In my report the date field shows dates for "each transaction row" (in your words) and I tried sorting on different columns to see if I could replicate your issue but I could not.  Maybe someone else who is using the Starter version will weigh in. 

Sorry.

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

What date format are you displaying your dates in? mm/dd/yyyy? Something different?
  • vimarmot
    vimarmot Member
    When I click on the date column and the dates flash into focus, the date format is yyyy-mm-dd

As for the screen shot, I don't see a tool bar where I can select my picture to insert. I only see an option arrow for emojis
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi "@vimarmot",

Here's a screen-shot - the circle shows the attachment icons... they appear at the top of the box when you are making a reply post...

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, you have to have posted a certain number of times to get access to all the comment box icons.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi volvogirl,

Wow - I didn't realize that! Thanks. 

Is there any other way a new poster could share a screen shot or similar item?

Frankx

• volvogirl
    I think there is but I don't know how.  I've seen posts with links to a file.  Maybe attach it as a pdf file?  The other top users will know.

• volvogirl

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay - thanks again!

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    vimarmot said:
    When I click on the date column and the dates flash into focus, the date format is yyyy-mm-dd

As for the screen shot, I don't see a tool bar where I can select my picture to insert. I only see an option arrow for emojis
    How about changing your Windows date format to the more conventional mm-dd-yyyy, if only to see if that makes a difference.  
  • vimarmot
    vimarmot Member
    Changing the short date format in windows did not change anything

I've put a PDF (shared) on my Google drive that shows the report and the settings that are being used for the report.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lhjon84l1aUA_dRF4i7ODxizNIgJQa34/view?usp=sharing
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi "@vimarmot"

Thanks for providing the report and settings.  I tried to replicate your report and was unable to do so. 

I believe it could be possible that your data file has errors or has been corrupted.  Have you noticed any other issues?  Have you tried validate & repair?

Frankx

• vimarmot
    vimarmot Member
    That's got it. I had assumed that since the Date field was the first column it was actually using all of the space to the left of the "Account" column. Not the case. Thanks much
This discussion has been closed.