How do I prevent a category from being included in the Spending report?

I would like to have the Spending report exclude a certain category. How do I do this? Or is there a way to categorize certain transactions so they don't show up on any reports?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    To exclude a category from a report, open the report, press Alt + C, select the  Categories tab, uncheck the category, and select OK.
  • Thanks for the reply. I meant on the "Spending" tab in the UI. It says "This Month $9999 in all categories" and I was looking to have that report only show certain categories. I have put certain transactions in their own category and tagged them so I can exclude them in reports thanks.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I meant on the "Spending" tab in the UI. It says "This Month $9999 in all categories" and I was looking to have that report only show certain categories. I have put certain transactions in their own category and tagged them so I can exclude them in reports thanks.
    The category filters available for the Transactions view on the Spending tab are Spending, Income, and Spending without taxes.  I suppose one could exclude an expense category by checking it as a tax related category.

This discussion has been closed.