Why does Quicken keeps changing my next payment due date? (edited for readability)

I have a mortgage loan account set up and bill payment reminder to automatically enter the monthly into my checking register on 1st of month. (The actual is handled by automatic transfer at bank.) But Quicken keeps changing next payment date several months later. It does the same for my car loan changing the payment date and the amount to a full payment.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    rHi @JRG,
     Thanks for the information. 

This problem is one that a lot of other users have been seeing for several months now.  All seem to be using the latest versions of the Windows subscription - like you are.  And there does not seem to be any fix that lasts (in other words, when users make changes like deleting and then re-entering a bill payment/reminder to the correct date - it still reverts to a wrong date).  For some, it is happening for more than one payment each month.

My only suggestion at this point n time would be to contact Quicken support and see if they can correct this for you - here's the link with contact info at the bottom: https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JRGRONDIN,

A couple of questions:

1) Can you provide some information that will help us understand your Quicken and Windows versions and how you are connecting?  Please see this: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

2) Do you use the mobile app? If so, have you noticed whether these changes may have occurred since, or around the time, you started using the mobile app?

Thanks,

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JRGRONDIN
    JRGRONDIN Member
    1) Quicken Deluxe R22.29. Windows 10
    2) No. But it does seem to happen when I do on-line updates / downloads from my financial institution
  • JRGRONDIN
    JRGRONDIN Member
    Response to e-mail as suggested did not work since it was a no-reply e-mail
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JRGRONDIN,

Thanks for providing the additional information.  However I don't understand this comment:

JRGRONDIN said:
    Response to e-mail as suggested did not work since it was a no-reply e-mail
    I did not suggest that you respond by email - I am not a Quicken employee, I am just another (experienced) Quicken user that helps other Quicken users with questions or problems.

That being said, I did some research and located a message thread that, while not directly on point with your fact pattern, is similar.  Please take a look at this message thread: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7806771/loan-payment-missing-from-register-cannot-fix-next-payment-date/p4

It doesn't appear that this problem has been fixed by Quicken yet (since there are recent postings).  My suggestion would be to click here contact Quicken Support, and report your problem.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Frankx

• JRGRONDIN
    JRGRONDIN Member
    Thanks Franks,
    Here is what I said first to my response to your questions. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    1) I use Quicken Deluxe R22.29 and Windows 10
    2) No I do not use a mobile app. But it appears to happen when I do on-line updates / downloads from my financial institution. But the car loan is not with a regular financial institution. I hope this helps.
    JRG
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    rHi @JRG,
     Thanks for the information. 

This problem is one that a lot of other users have been seeing for several months now.  All seem to be using the latest versions of the Windows subscription - like you are.  And there does not seem to be any fix that lasts (in other words, when users make changes like deleting and then re-entering a bill payment/reminder to the correct date - it still reverts to a wrong date).  For some, it is happening for more than one payment each month.

My only suggestion at this point n time would be to contact Quicken support and see if they can correct this for you - here's the link with contact info at the bottom: https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Frankx

• JRGRONDIN
    JRGRONDIN Member
    Thanks Frankx. Much appreciated. JRG
  • JRGRONDIN
    JRGRONDIN Member
    OK Done
This discussion has been closed.