about of previous transaction no,longer show

For many years when I key in a new transaction for a utility bill for example the system would bring in the dollar amount from the most previous transaction but it no longer does. it also seems that all my categories are no longer attached to a given vendor. Is that two new features or two new bugs

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Now I would like to correct the names in my payee list in mass and and can't find that function
    If you open Window > Payees & Rules, you can scroll through or search for specific Payees. If you edit a Payee name here, it will update all instances of that Payee name throughout your database. If you have multiple variations of what should be a single Payee (e.g. "Lowes" and "Lowe's" or "McDonalds" and "McDonald's"), you can simply Command-click two or more Payees and then click the Merge button at the bottom of that window; Quicken will ask you which of the variations you want to preserve as the Payee name, and it will merge the two or more variations and update all instances in your database.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• Dan McCarter
    Dan McCarter Member ✭✭
    Thanks that worked Now I would like to correct the names in my payee list in mass and and can't find that function
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Now I would like to correct the names in my payee list in mass and and can't find that function
    If you open Window > Payees & Rules, you can scroll through or search for specific Payees. If you edit a Payee name here, it will update all instances of that Payee name throughout your database. If you have multiple variations of what should be a single Payee (e.g. "Lowes" and "Lowe's" or "McDonalds" and "McDonald's"), you can simply Command-click two or more Payees and then click the Merge button at the bottom of that window; Quicken will ask you which of the variations you want to preserve as the Payee name, and it will merge the two or more variations and update all instances in your database.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.