Bank of America OL220-A Errors

13»

Answers

• decembertwenty
    decembertwenty Member ✭✭
    Describe the “resetting “process.
  • tlau0791
    tlau0791 Member
    Getting this error since Feb-27 - and it has NOT been relolved. Also now getting "Quicken online service is not available at this time, try again in 10 minutes".
    Cannot connect to bank, will not update!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @decembertwenty.

To "reset" online services for an account follow these steps:

1) Open the account in Quicken;
    2) Click on the gear icon in the upper right of the screen;
    3) Select "Edit account details";
    4) Click on the "Online Services" tab;
    5) in the "Online Services" box, click the "Reset Account" button.

Let me know if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• msf107
    msf107 Member ✭✭
    Frankx, It won't let you reset or deactivate/activate if you have payments that are now in limbo.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @msf107,

I think you are going to have to delete those payments first - see this recent update to the BOA matter:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20072460#Comment_20072460

Get back to us if you have any further questions.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• msf107
    msf107 Member ✭✭
    @Frankx ,
    The program will not allow you to delete the payment(s) while they are in limbo. I have tried all of the above!!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @msf107,

Sorry that you are still having issues.  Are you using Quicken BillPay or are you using your bank's bill payment service?

• decembertwenty
    decembertwenty Member ✭✭
    Tried resetting and deactivating. Neither would complete will the last transmission in hung up. And can’t delete those payments because they are hung up with Error OL-220-A. This is taking way too long to get resolved.
    Frankx, are you a Quicken employee or a community member?
  • msf107
    msf107 Member ✭✭
    @Frankx Quicken Bill Pay
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi @msf107,

I am not a Quicken employee - I am a member of the Community and a Quicken user.

Given what you've explained above, I think that it would be best if you contact Quicken Support via this link: contact Quicken Support

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

• decembertwenty
    decembertwenty Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your input.
    I sent Support a couple screen shots of the error message. No reply
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem!  Let us know here how things turn out,

• decembertwenty
    decembertwenty Member ✭✭
    On live chat with support (I think). States- “connecting.... waiting on agent”.
  • robertjjohnson
    robertjjohnson Member ✭✭
    I have tried the account reset that you recommended and I get a window stating "Quicken could not complete the account reset". Try again in a few days. How am I supposed to pay my monthly bills without doing it directly through BofA? Judging by the similar problems you display with other accounts it would seem that whatever modification you made to your software is bad. I never had this problem when you sold Quicken to customers as opposed to you current subscription method.
  • CVDH
    CVDH Member
    After backing up, I deleted the unresolved Quicken Bill Pay entries, deactivated the BofA online connection, quit Quicken. Reopened Quicken, reactivated BofA online, and after a few long pauses and "program not responding" messages it all came back. I backed up again, exited Quicken, reopened the program and ran the latest update. All working now.

I may be a bit over the top on backing up, but it's saved me in the past. When I moved to Quicken subscription from 2017 last month the update completely destroyed my data file. Having the backup was essential.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @CVDH,

I am glad that it worked for you, and my view is you can NEVER be "over the top" on backing up!

Frankx

• msf107
    msf107 Member ✭✭
    I tried that also but I can't delete the unresolved Billpay entries. It says the online session must be completed first.
  • Pepsi
    Pepsi Member ✭✭
    Reset failed until I deleted the pending bill pay transactions from the check register. Then it worked and all is well. Reentered the transactions.
  • bobnlou
    bobnlou Member ✭✭
    I just restored to an earlier date and that seems to have solved to problem.
  • robertjjohnson
    robertjjohnson Member ✭✭
    Still having problems connecting to BofA. I tried your reset account, it fails. I tried deleting payment that I tried to send and get message "This an online payment that was sent as part of an umcompleted online connections. You must complete the connection before you can change or delete the payment". When is this going to be fixed?
  • Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    robertjjohnson ==> I think the only way out of this may be for you to restore your data from a recent backup (from before the problem started on 2/27). Quicken automatically saves backups for you if you don't do this on your own...and you may be able to use the last automatic backup depending on it's date. (I restored from a backup and then let Quicken do the connects and updates to catch me back up). Good luck.
  • msf107
    msf107 Member ✭✭
    So here’s what finally worked for me. Go to File->File Operations->Validate. Select Validate. Once you get a Wordpad window that says Validation Complete, close the program, reopen the program and delete the pending payments. You should then be able to deactivate/reactivate online banking.
  • johnsmunro
    johnsmunro Member
    I receive error codes OL-301-A and OL-220-A when sending payments to BoA. The solution posted on the Quicken web site that requires you to reset your Quicken account and deactivate transaction download does not work. When I try to do this, it says that I must complete the transaction download first.
This discussion has been closed.