Problem with errant printing on invoices

I recently switch to the subscription Quicken for Home and Business from the 2016 version. Now when I print invoices I ALWAYS get two extra things that print. At the bottom of the invoice inn the box for Total, it ways prints as "Total()". I have no idea where the parenthesis comes from. In addition, in a box below Total is a box with "Balance Due". The Baalnce Due is not visible when I create an invoice template, so I have no idea where it comes from. Is this a bug in the software. Does anyone have suggestions? [I started over with a new template, and the same thing happens. Ugh!!! Des :( tin

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DestinLeB

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The "Balance Due" field is included on the invoice by default and cannot be removed, I apologize.

The purpose of this field is to help track any received payments for the invoice and show the current amount due versus the originally owed total amount.

Once a payment has been applied to the invoice, the Balance Due field reduces to display the remaining owed balance.

I also attempted to replicate the issue with the parenthesis in the Total field, but unfortunately cannot.

May I ask, what release version is Quicken installed to?  If you aren't sure this information may be found in the Help > About Quicken menu.

If you haven't already I would also recommend running the Validate & Repair tool (File > File Operations > Validate & Repair) to check for any data file issues that may be causing the parenthesis.  

When the validation has completed, a data log will open that details what, if anything, was found and repaired, this log may be saved for later, but when ready please close and then re-open Quicken.

Does the parenthesis still appear in the Total field of the invoice?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A recent software update added the Currency symbol to the Total amount of the printed invoice, to indicate which currency a Customer Invoice was issued in.
    The programmers chose to do this by printing
    Total ($)
    or
    Total (€)
    or whatever currency symbol is associated (see Currency List) with your account's selected currency.
    Now, if the Currency Symbol does not print (properly or at all) on the printed invoice, I'm guessing that this could be a bug.
  • DestinLeB
    DestinLeB Member
    Okay, this is probably the problem. I went online to see how to change the currency, and I get "see Tools/Currency". There is no Currency option under Tools. How do I select a currency for an account?
  • DestinLeB
    DestinLeB Member
    I reply to Sarah, the repair instructions provided did not work. The version of Home and Business (subscription) is R25.18, 27.1.25.18. If I got ($) it would be great; I just get (). Destin
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of things ...
    IMHO, somebody from Quicken needs to take a closer look at what they programmed

• DestinLeB
    DestinLeB Member
    Thank you UKR. I went to Edit/Preferences/Calendar and Currency, and selected "multi-currency support. I then went to Tools, Currency List and checked USA Dollars. Now when I print an invoice it just lists "Total" (and not "Total()" or "Total($)", but that is what I always had before I switched to the new subscription service. I am happy. Thanks, again.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the details about what actually prints depending on Multi currency support settings.
    IMHO, back to the programmers. Something's hinky in their logic.
This discussion has been closed.