Old computer died. How do I de-authorize be old computer.

My understanding is that I'm allowed to run Quicken on up to 3 computers. Don't I need to de-authorize the old dead computer so I can continue using 3 working computers. How is this done?

Best Answer

Answers

• X-27
    X-27 Member ✭✭
    My understanding is that I'm allowed to run Quicken on up to 3 computers. Don't I need to de-authorize the old dead computer so I can continue using 3 working computers. How is this done?
  • TheLogicEscapesMe
    TheLogicEscapesMe Member ✭✭✭
    First off if you are using Quicken Subscription you can install on unlimited amount of machines.

If you are using Quicken 2017 or older there really isn't any check that you are complying with the license, it is the "honor system". There isn't a procedure to "de- authorize" a machine. Just go ahead an install on the new machine.
  • X-27
    X-27 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for helping Logic,
    According to my emails. I have "Quicken Membership" I guess that is a subscription.
    I cannot find any billing activity from Quicken in my emails. Perhaps Quicken is charging me annually without sending an email to me.

It looks like either way there is nothing for me to do. I'm mainly in the Mac world where it is essential that you de-authorize old computers.
  • TheLogicEscapesMe
    TheLogicEscapesMe Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, if you have a "Quicken Membership" you are using the Quicken Subscription version. You can see information on it by selecting Help -> About Quicken. Also if you go to this web page and log in you can check if auto renew is on:

https://myaccount.quicken.com/

On the tracking of computers, yes that is certainly something that Apple and Microsoft do, but it also requires a lot of resources to do it and also back in the day Windows users were very leery of any kind of licensing system that actually "phoned home", so most programs didn't go with such systems.
This discussion has been closed.