Has anyone else had QDF files deleted (or missing) after "updating" to the subscription service?

I recently moved to the subscription service & downloaded the new Quicken (Premier). After starting SW as an Existing Quicken User, I tried to load my QDF file only to find out there aren't any - anywhere on my PC!! Unfortunately, my backup file is very old (2 years). Any suggestions?? Any hidden files that may have my data??
Tagged:

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken installer does NOT delete user files. You need to perform a file search to identify where the files are located. Normally this should be in your documents folder under Quicken.
    As to backups, if you are not backing up your data regularly, you risk loosing all history in the event of failure. This is a good time to reassess you backup strategy.
  • Mr. O
    Mr. O Member ✭✭
    I'd like to believe that but right now, I don't. And yes, I know it was stupid to not have regular backups...just got lazy. Lesson learned, the hard way.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you've disabled them, Quicken periodically stores automatic backups in the BACKUP sub-folder of your Quicken data folder.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Mr. O
    Mr. O Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I looked there first & nothing recent except the old file I restored recently.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the File menu, there is a "find" files, have you tried it?  It searches the whole harddrive.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Mr. O
    Mr. O Member ✭✭
    Yep, tried that & no luck. Thanks though.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the off chance you were saving off to other than C: do you have multiple drives or were using OneDrive?
  • Mr. O
    Mr. O Member ✭✭
    Yes, I have a D: drive & a Free Agent Backup external drive & checked those as well. I wasn't using OneDrive. Thanks.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, very strange not to be able to find these files. You are using *.QDF as your search criteria, right?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    @Mr. O are you using some kind of anti-virus software which quarantines files? Maybe your data files are in quarantine.
    That's my last idea. Q does not delete data files. I'm a tester and I uninstall, reinstall, and update Q often, as in probably once a week or so. I've never lost a data file.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    GeoffG said:
    Hmm, very strange not to be able to find these files. You are using *.QDF as your search criteria, right?
    *.QDF* will also find backup files.

• Mr. O
    Mr. O Member ✭✭
    Yes, I'm looking for QDF & any Quicken related files. I'll check quarantined files - thanks. That's my last hope.
This discussion has been closed.