How can I hide account balance in Net Worth and keep account in the account list tree? (Q Mac)

billeye10
billeye10 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in Investing (Mac)
I like t show my Annuities in the Accounts list but not include them in the Net Worth total on the bottom of the Accounts side bar.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Go into Tools Menu / Manage Hidden Accounts and set this account to "Mark as Separate".

Cancel that. I'm sorry. I didn't see the Quicken Mac category. My response applies only to Quicken Windows. I don't know if Q Mac has a similar "Mark separate" feature.
  • billeye10
    billeye10 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks anyway.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    I do not think this is possible. My suggestion would be to create a Net Worth Report.

To do this, click on the "Net Worth Over Time" report.
    Click the "Customize" button and then "Save as custom report" and give it a name.
    Then click the "Include only transactions from selected accounts" and choose all the accounts except for the ones you want to exclude.

Note that you cannot specify a specific date for the report. It always shows month-end values. However, you can choose a range of months.

The report will be accessible from the drop down list.
  • billeye10
    billeye10 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your reply. I do know how to make the report. What I want to do is keep specific account amount from being included in the Net Worth amount in the Accounts column.
This discussion has been closed.