Why doesn't the Find option work any longer?

While in the check register, I often use the Ctrl F to see if an entry has been previously entered. This function is not working when I look for a check number. This function seems to be working when I put in "some" amounts. What happened to this tool? I need to be able to search for previously entered check numbers.

Best Answers

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken (Help > About Quicken) are you using.  It's working for me with V 24.14
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your purpose is "to see if an entry has been previously entered", you can set a preference to warn you if a check number is reused.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Shelli Windham
    Shelli Windham Member ✭✭
    To Tom, I'm using version R25.18 And to Rocket J thanks for confirming what I found to be happening. Lets hope it gets resolved soon.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello All,

This behavior has been reported and a Bug Ticket has been opened.

There is currently no ETA on a resolution, however, I will be sure to post back with any updates/changes as they become available.

We appreciate everyone's patience as this is being worked on!  :)

-Quicken Natalie

CTP-552

• Peter Isakson
    Peter Isakson Member ✭✭✭
    Also see this error with R25.21. Hope it gets fixed soon.
  • David C Hitch
    David C Hitch Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Previously discussed without resolution. Have used the general search for years. With the current Quicken Premier version it now has a problem. Example: search for BILLPAY is OK while search for 6142 fails to return the check number entry. Yes there is a 6142 check number in the file. This is new for I have used this function for probably decades. Quite frustrating.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Previously discussed without resolution. Have used the general search for years. With the current Quicken Premier version it now has a problem. Example: search for BILLPAY is OK while search for 6142 fails to return the check number entry. Yes there is a 6142 check number in the file. This is new for I have used this function for probably decades. Quite frustrating.
    I suggest you use the register search filter at the upper right of the register.
  • Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    I think this is related. I discovered the same issue when some downloaded transactions weren't matching to the register. I believe it has been limited to checks as those are the items that can't be found on a search.
  • Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    Has this not been resolved yet? I am matching transactions and a cleared check won't match the check in the register. But I was able to search for the check number now.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Has this not been resolved yet? I am matching transactions and a cleared check won't match the check in the register. But I was able to search for the check number now.
    I think the bug has been resolved.  I'm no longer able to reproduce the issue using R26.23.
  • Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > (Quote)
    > I think the bug has been resolved.  I'm no longer able to reproduce the issue using R26.23.

I should have noted I am on R26.23 as well.
  • Shelli Windham
    Shelli Windham Member ✭✭
    I am using R26.23 and yes, the bug has been fixed!
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.