The update securities button in portfolio is not working, asking to connect to internet.

I am connected to internet and still is not working. what shall I do to make it work?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Virgil0
    Virgil0 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Sherlock. I didn’t know that “FONT” is hiding on Preferences under Register. I found it and is working only on accounts registers but not on Portfolio register. Any ideas how to make it work on portfolio register?
  • Virgil0
    Virgil0 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you again. I've got it and it's working.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    How are you physically connecting to the Internet ?
    Do you have the usual Internet or WiFi icon
    in the lower right area of the Windows bar ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Virgil0
    Virgil0 Member ✭✭
    Thank you "ps56k" for answering. Yes i do have in the lower right area the bars. when I click on them, a little window open and is telling me: "Wireless Network Connection - Internet access connected".
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Virgil0

Thank you for confirming that the internet is connected, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

May I ask, do you have any accounts connected for downloading transactions in your Quicken data file?  If so, are the accounts updating correctly?  Or do you also receive an error about the internet connection?

If you haven't already, please also open Quicken and go to the Edit menu > Preferences > Quicken ID Sync & Alerts option.

On the right side of the window, is your Quicken ID information listed?  Or do you see a "Try Again" link?

If a "Try Again" link appears, please click the link and re-enter your Quicken ID login credentials, then try to update the securities once more.

Does the error still occur?  Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Virgil0
    Virgil0 Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah and thank you for taking time to help me. I tried everything you said, I entered the password and every time I do that is telling me that I don't have internet connection, which is not true. Lately I update my portfolio manually, one security at a time which is very cumbersome. Do you think there is a solution to my problem?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Virgil0

Thank you for trying and posting back with the updated information.  

Please return to the Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID Sync & Alerts area once more and this time click the blue link that says "Sign in as a different user".

A window will open asking if you are sure that you want to sign out, we do. Type "yes" in the box at the bottom of the window.

Quicken should then refresh and show a blank Quicken ID sign in page.  When it does, please close and re-open Quicken (this just forces a hard refresh of the data file and ensures the sign-out is logged).  

With Quicken open again, sign-in in with the same Quicken ID and password that you are currently using and click through the registration windows until you can see your data file again.

Do the securities now update correctly?  Or do you still receive the internet connection error?

Please let me know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Virgil0
    Virgil0 Member ✭✭
    Could anyone tell me how to change font in quicken?
  • Virgil0
    Virgil0 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Sherlock. I didn’t know that “FONT” is hiding on Preferences under Register. I found it and is working only on accounts registers but not on Portfolio register. Any ideas how to make it work on portfolio register?
  • Virgil0
    Virgil0 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you again. I've got it and it's working.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just to follow up -
    how or what did any of this have to do with Quicken generating the error message
    about - Connecting To The Internet -or was there never a real error message ???

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.