What is "Bug Splat"?

I received a window from Bug Splat that closed my Quicken program without finishing the backup of files.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bug Splat is used to collect details to help Quicken developers determine what may have caused the program to crash.  When we see Bug Splat, Quicken has already crashed.
  • LDoughtie
    LDoughtie Member ✭✭
    I closed the window without sending a report because I wasn't aware Quicken had crashed and thought "Bug Splat" was a fraud (we get sooo very many). Is there anyway to recover my work from today or do I have to recreate?
  • LDoughtie
    LDoughtie Member ✭✭
    I opened Quicken and my data was there. I backed up with no complications. For now it seems my problem is solved. I am happy to know about "Bug Splat" and will respond if the necessity arises in the future. Thanks for your support.
  • snowlet
    snowlet Member
    I tried to do the usual UPDATE as prompted while synching my Quicken accounts and then it crashed toward the end of the Update process and then saw this Bugsplat window - for the first time. It's been a week and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken multiple times, tried Validating and Repairing QDATA backup file, tried restoring many different QDATA backup, including older ones that were backed up way earlier than the crash event, and I still can't get my Quicken to properly open again. Each attempt results in the BUGSPLAT window. I spend several hours twice in the last few days with the Quicken Online Chat Support, but they gave up after guiding me through some suggested fixes like Validating, Cleaning, etc. Very frustrating. I've been using Quicken religiously for almost 20 years and I can't access my entire financial history for the last 2 decades. There has to be a fix! Any idea, anyone?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hello @snowlet

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly by phone for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time as well as to review the logs to help determine the cause of the crashing.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

(edited- to include method of contacting support)

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.