Did I meet my budget report

I have been using the windows version for years. We are now converting everything over to a Mac. I'm struggling with the reports section to try and find reports such as 'Did I meet my budget?' Is this option under the 'reports' tab? Tks
Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I've only ever used Quicken Mac, so I'm not familiar with Quicken Windows reports. But I can say that anything you can do in Quicken Mac budgets is done from the Budgets tab, not from the reports menu. There is limited functionality for budget reporting.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    No- I'm disappointed and shocked that the Mac version does not have the same suite of reports that the Windows version has. I looks to me that Quicken has not invested the same resources in Mac that they have in Windows. Hope this might change in the future. Tks for your response
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Peter  The reality is that Quicken Windows is the result of 30+ years of continual development. On the Mac platform, after 2 decades, the developers concluded back in 2006 that they would not be able to keep pushing the core software forward based on Apple's plans for evolving the Mac operating system. So they made the tough decision to start over. And then various changes and errors at Intuit caused years of delays. Quicken Essentials came out in 2010, and was widely panned for being so incomplete. More delays and restarts followed for several years, until a handful of developers pushed out the new Quicken Mac in fall 2014. Little by little since then, they've been adding new features and functionality. When Quicken became independent of Intuit, the Quicken CEO said that achieving parity with Quicken Windows was a goal, but despite increasing the size of the Mac development team, they still aren't there. For those of us who have been along for the full ride with Quicken Mac, we can attest that a lot of progress has been made over the past 5 years. But it will take years of ongoing development to add all the features users would like to see.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the history. Maybe there is hope yet. If you ever get the chance to see what reports the pc version has you would see the root of my frustration.

The Mac version is an improvement over what it was several years ago. I turned over my HOA treasurer duties to a neighbor with Mac quicken and was shocked at that time at what the software could not do.

Thank you for taking the time to educate me through this transition
  • whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    I've noticed something else you may be able to help me with. Friday I downloaded my bank and credit card transactions for March. When comparing with the PC downloads against the Mac download the Mac was missing a number of transactions? Any thought about this problem? Again, tks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Peter

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If this is a recurring situation, where at least one posted transaction is missing from multiple/subsequent downloads, and the missing transaction(s) cannot be found in the OFX Log and the account is connected using Quicken Connect this may be able to be escalated through Quicken Support.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

To verify that the account is connected via Quicken Connect, select the account in question and navigate to settings in the bottom right-hand corner.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    Tyka- maybe you can help me with this. I have been using the PC version for years and am transitioning to the Max (not easy...). How can I delete the pre-programed Investment category. If I can't delete it, can I hide it forever? Thank you
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Peter

Thank you for taking the response!

To navigate to the master category list in Quicken, go to Window > Categories.

If a category is "Required" this designation is located under "Status" to the right, it cannot be removed.

What is the exact name of the category that you are trying to remove?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.