is it ok to change from home and business to deluxe

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will lose access to H&B reports, but you will not lose your data. For users no longer needing H&B, Deluxe is a good choice. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    All of the H&B specific accounts will become regular Q accounts.  You'll lose access to all H&B features and all H&B specific reports ... but your data should be fine.
    The bigger issue is: What BUILD of H&B and are you talking about the current Deluxe?  Big jumps in product years sometimes have issues that need to be properly dealt with.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• rolanddawson2500
    rolanddawson2500 Member ✭✭✭✭
    How about jumping from 2017 H&B to 2020 Premier? I don't mind losing reports, but I do not want to lose any investment data. I assume as long as I keep a data file from H&B, I can reinstall it if I ever need the archived business reports. Bottom line, can I rest assured that if I downgrade to Premier, it will be seamless for everything except business reports, and the raw data will show up as categories (from the Business version). Need to do something before 4/30.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    QW2017 and QW2020 are completely file interchangeable.  No worries.

• palms1124
    palms1124 Member
    Specifically which reports would be lost please? Would we still receive income and expense by category with Deluxe? It appears that categorizing is still available with Deluxe.
  • rolanddawson2500
    rolanddawson2500 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, not familiar with the terminology of QW2017 and QW2020. I assume it is Quicken 2017 and Quicken 2020, but which version, HB, Premier, or Deluxe? I no longer need the Business portion of 2017 Home and Business, want to downgrade to 2020 Premier with out losing any functionality or historical data on the investments side. Is that what NotACPA is saying? Thanks.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Q products within a given verson have identical files layouts.  AND, for the last several years, the file layouts have been identical from year to year.

• :) I am currently using Home and Business version. I have closed my business in 2011 and would like to downgrade to Premier. Will i still be able to access my hidden and closed business accounts?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @rolanddawson2500 The Premier edition has all the same investment features that are in Home and Business

@Davide Keller You will still have access to all your accounts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JonnyVee
    JonnyVee Member ✭✭
    I've got a question. I'm on H&B 2017 and I just got Deluxe 2020. What's the best way to go about this, do I uninstall H&B 2017 or can I install Deluxe 2020 right over it? I have all of my Data files backed up and copies made...
    Windows 7
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe
    http://socialspit.net
  • JonnyVee
    JonnyVee Member ✭✭
    > @Greg_the_Geek said:
    > When you install Quicken Subscription (2020), it will uninstall 2017.

Yes. that's exactly what happened! Thanks! It is kind of Buggy on Windows 7, might have to move it to my Windows 10 Laptop. I'm getting severe Display glitches and I have a 2 GB 4K Video Card. And I'm still getting the CC-502 errors... Looks like everyone else is getting them too, those will probably continue through tomorrow due to the Stimulus Payouts due. But I can still do MobileSync so it should be fine until this activity settles down.
    Windows 7
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe
    http://socialspit.net
This discussion has been closed.