My portfolio x-ray says I need to login again. How do I do that?

When I try to use the portfolio x-ray feature, I get an error message: "For your security, you've been logged out of the tool. You have to re-login." Why is this happening? I don't believe I ever had to login before. How do I solve this problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• Can we please get an estimated time of fix? How soon?
  • Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭
    Glad to see the problem has been escalated to service providers, but do you have any estimate as to how long they think until they fix the code and solve the issue?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tahitiandreams & @Laserjock

I, unfortunately do not have an ETA on when this may be resolved, but based on the number of parties involved in developing a solution, I would anticipate at least three weeks or longer before a fix is ready.

I apologize and wish I had better news, but assure you that our Teams are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • ChipLeader
    ChipLeader Member
    After disappointing with Quicken taking so long to fix Portfolio x-ray, I found a solution for myself by going to Quicken Investing website where I export my data to. There, i clicked on Sector Exposure tab. Now, I can re-balancing my portfolio. I hope this help.
  • ChipLeader
    ChipLeader Member
    Second solution:
    Go to the Morningstar.com, and sign up for a free trial. There, they have a better version of portfolio x-ray. I hope by the time finishing the free trial, Quicken would fix this problem even though this is just a hypothetical, and hopeless.
    I hope this will help.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Building on @Chipleader's response, you can export your current Quicken portfolio to Morningstar as described here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20030735#Comment_20030735

I believe you can create a Watch List in Morningstar even without a subscription. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • eberkovich
    eberkovich Member ✭✭
    Jim, it's been a great help - Much appreciated!
  • Quick92
    Quick92 Member ✭✭
    Come on, Quicken! This is the only feature I wanted from Quicken Premier, and this is the time I need it to work.
  • Zunka72
    Zunka72 Member ✭✭✭
    Please make this the top priority to fix. Of all the time, it had to break now. :-(
  • Michael 3
    Michael 3 Member ✭✭
    same, critical time to be able to re-balance and look at intersections on mutual funds/etfs. Please get resolved.
  • PCWrightTX
    PCWrightTX Member
    edited March 2020
    Does Support actually fix known issues [removed - disruptive]? X-ray does not work and has not worked for a month now. I got quicken to get the big picture of my investments in differing brokerages and can't do it without X-ray. If I had known X-ray was defective I would have saved my money, timer, and the habitual aggravation caused by Quicken not working properly often. If I wanted to sign up with Morningstar directly I would not have gotten Quicken. [removed - off-topic/rant]
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zunka72 said:
    Please make this the top priority to fix. Of all the time, it had to break now. :-(

Quicken CAN'T fix this ... it's Morningstar that broke the function and Morningstar has to be the one to fix it.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• MarkD
    MarkD Member ✭✭✭
    Yet another feature that doesn't work after I was forced to upgrade this month from the perfectly working 2017 version !
  • mvmcc
    mvmcc Member ✭✭
    I get the message that I've been logged out of Xray for my security. How do I get logged back in. I NEED Xray! It's the main reason I subscribed to Quicken... I can get all the rest of the info I need at my brokerage.
  • Jim_Harman
    If you read the earlier posts in this thread, you will see that this is a known problem and Quicken is working with Morningstar on a solution.

In the meantime, you can export your current Quicken portfolio to Morningstar as described here:

I believe you can create a Watch List in Morningstar even without a subscription. 
  • Deadeye
    Deadeye Member ✭✭✭
    same issue, but I have to manually update lots what a pain that is, what about the Premier service we pay for?
  • Fish On
    Fish On Member ✭✭
    This feature has been functional for quite a while and provides insightful information to help investors. Here we are in a highly volatile market without a tool to help analyze existing portfolios. Very disappointing. The numerous threads in the conversation indicate the Morningstar connection has been down for at least 30 days. How about a "free" month added on our subscription for this aggravation.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited March 2020
    Did you try the work-around of exporting your Quicken portfolio to Morningstar? I know this is less convenient, but it should provide the same functionality. 

• LarBar
    LarBar Member ✭✭
    The error message:"For your security, you've been logged out of the tool. You have to re-login." that one receives upon clicking on the words: "Portfolio X-ray", prompts the reader to ask: (1) log in where? (2) After logging in somewhere, then what should I do to remedy the problem? Unfortunately, such "error messages" are not helpful. Since I didn't know how to eliminate the error message, I logged into my Morningstar Account and cancelled my membership in Premium because I thought somehow there was a problem involving my membership with that organization. After quite sometime, I finally logged into my Community Quicken Website account and changed my password. However, I did that after talking with someone at Quicken Premium Support. Nevertheless, once I changed my Community Quicken password, I found that the message was still there. However, now since I've cancelled my Morningstar membership, I no longer have some of the information in my Quicken File that I had before the cancellation became effective. Now I understand that someone may have a solution to this problem. I hope the problem can be solved soon.
This discussion has been closed.