Why is there a charge from quicken on our bank account for $1.00 ?

Options
Bank charge from quicken for $1.00

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @dianakohut,

Can you give us some more details so we can try to help you?  Is this a transaction in one of your bank accounts?  Have you recently setup bill pay or transaction downloading, or something similar in Quicken?  Any other details that could possibly be related to this issue will be helpful.

Thanks!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• dianakohut
    dianakohut Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just checked my bank account and saw that there was a charge from quicken for $1.00
  • dianakohut
    dianakohut Member ✭✭
    Options
    Don't know what it was for.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay, let's take the Q&A approach...

Are you using Quicken Bill Pay or did you recently sign-up for Quicken Bill Manager?

Also, have you recently opened up or made changes to a bank account?  Or have you changed a setting in one of your bank accounts to allow for transfers from one bank to another?

Have you, at anytime in the past, ever seen similar charges in this bank account that related to Quicken (such as a software purchase or upgrade)?

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• dianakohut
    dianakohut Member ✭✭
    Options
    no to all
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay, let me clarify one thing - when you said "I just checked my bank account and saw that there was a charge from quicken for $1.00" - I made an assumption that you were either:
    a) looking at your checking account activity on the bank's webpage (i.e. you signed in to your account on-line but outside of Quicken), or
    b) you downloaded transactions into Quicken and saw the transaction.

Which is correct - a) or b)?

• dianakohut
    dianakohut Member ✭✭
    Options
    A is the answer
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken_Tyka said:
    The one dollar charge is a verification of the credit card on file with your Quicken.com account.
    Too bad there is not an email sent to the Quicken account holder informing them of this "verification" action...  charge + refund

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• dianakohut
    dianakohut Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank You
This discussion has been closed.