Quicken (R25.xx) opens with background logon screen - Still appears after being posted as resolved

Answers

• Bugsis#1
    Bugsis#1 Member
    I saw a recent post indicating that this problem had been resolved, but I am still having an issue. Is anyone else?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    if you mean the Welcome to Quicken login screen in the background -
    yes - it is a bug - It has been discussed in several other postings...
    It will go away after about 20secs....
    Are you using a Quicken data file password ? 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Bugsis#1
    Bugsis#1 Member
    ps56k: Yup, that is what I am using
  • Bernie Howe
    Bernie Howe Member
    3/13/2020 problem still exists with Version R25.18
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is 25.18 the latest version, I am holding off updating until this is fixed. Actually, I never use any of the new features, just check register- no online. The only reason I update is so it stops bugging me to update. I set UAC so it won't update without asking.
  • GLE81342
    GLE81342 Member ✭✭
    25.18 is the most recent version. I was told by Quicken support that I would need to wait until the next update ( don't know when that will be) before the recent problem will be corrected. Not sure about that either. That was just one tech support that told me that on the phone. Also had a tech support by chatting that could not walk me through a correction of the recent problem.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it is related to the desktop software releases - but rather a change that might have been made to the Quicken servers...  It just happened at the same time that R25.10 was installed...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• GLE81342
    GLE81342 Member ✭✭
    It happened to my two computers after the R25.18 was installed.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well I wish they would fix it wherever the problem is or stop bugging me to updater.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone with this problem get it fixed yet, not sure what the current update is .
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Checked there is a 25.21 out, wonder if that changed anything?
  • andyross
    andyross Member ✭✭
    Nope. No change in 25.21.
  • Don Bartenstein
    Don Bartenstein Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @andyross said:
    > Nope. No change in 25.21.

Can concur
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    (Removed-Speculation) 
  • GLE81342
    GLE81342 Member ✭✭
    Yesterday, I tried to open Quicken and I could not get into it at all. A page came up asking me to download it to another computer. I could not get my Data Password screen to come up. Tried everything I knew how to do. Ended up having to uninstall Quicken and Downloading it again. Finally was able to get the Data Password screen to appear but still had the Quicken Welcome and Id Screen appeared behind it. When I entered my password the Welcome screen faded away. Did need to restore my data from a External Hard Drive.
    I did e-mail the Quicken CEO several days ago as he sent out an e-mail telling all that Quicken is doing during the Coronavirus Pandemic. Asked him about the problem so many are having. Never received a response nor did my e-mail return undeliverable.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @GLE81342 said:
    > Yesterday, I tried to open Quicken and I could not get into it at all. A page came up asking me to download it to another computer. I could not get my Data Password screen to come up. Tried everything I knew how to do. Ended up having to uninstall Quicken and Downloading it again. Finally was able to get the Data Password screen to appear but still had the Quicken Welcome and Id Screen appeared behind it. When I entered my password the Welcome screen faded away. Did need to restore my data from a External Hard Drive.
    > I did e-mail the Quicken CEO several days ago as he sent out an e-mail telling all that Quicken is doing during the Coronavirus Pandemic. Asked him about the problem so many are having. Never received a response nor did my e-mail return undeliverable.

What version was that on? That is not good, the extra screen and slow start is one thing, much more serious when you have to uninstall and reload. I never got anything from Quicken about the Covid-19, but don't see what they can do about the virus (COVID Virus). Guess I could come out of retirement and fix this for Quicken? It don't look hard and easy to recreate. I believe it is erroring while communicating or trying to communicate to their server. Might pull cable and disconnect from internet, start Quicken and see if you get the extra screen.
  • GLE81342
    GLE81342 Member ✭✭
    I have R25.18 most recent update. The Quicken CEO's e-mail was all about how they intended to keep Quicken support operating for it's users.

Quicken Inc., CEO Eric Dunn <quicken@e.quicken.com>
    Mon, Mar 16, 10:43 PM (5 days ago)
    to me

I want to personally inform you of how we are handling the COVID-19 situation.

View as web page

Quicken
    My Account

Dear Eileen,

During this time of very great uncertainty, we want to reassure you that Quicken continues to be open for business, including Customer Care and the usual 24/7 technical operations support for our products and services, even as we adapt to the difficult circumstances that we all are encountering during the global coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic. As a cloud-based technology company, Quicken is capable of and committed to providing effective support to our customers throughout this situation, while complying with local regulations.

Turning from the business aspects to the personal, our hearts and thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event. We appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world who are on the front line working to contain coronavirus.

At Quicken, this outbreak has helped us to realize that our true priority is everyone’s health and safety - we wish that for all of you and your loved ones.

Sincerely,
    Eric Dunn
    CEO
    Quicken Inc.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @Divemaster said:
    > (Removed-Speculation) 

That was not speculation, but a fact. Also, I gave a good suggestion to help isolate problem.
  • Ed Levy
    Ed Levy Member ✭✭
    This started after I updated the application several updates ago. I enter my data file password and my file opens. I do not have to complete the Quicken ID request I see in the background to open the file. I tried chatting with an engineer for over an hour with no resolution. Hope someone can explain why this is happening and if possible stop it.! I have uninstalled the Quicken Application several times now and reinstalled it by downloading from my Quicken account. Thank you!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a bug - just ignore it and it will disappear after about 20secs

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried to disconnect from internet prior to starting Quicken and see if you still get the extra screen? If you are disconnected prior to starting Quicken and still get the extra screen, I would say the problem is in the desktop software and would eliminate the thinking it is a server software error. Also, if you don't get the extra screen, it would give more weight to problem is when the desktop is talking with the server, which could be either desktop or server issues, but differently gives tech support area of code to look at.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well well.... what have we here ... interesting...
    but doesn't really change anything... as there could be a mothership handshake that normally takes place quickly - but now is returning a bogus response....
    This test merely confirms that there is some kind of handshake -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Good, that should make debugging easier to zero in on.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, that should make debugging easier to zero in on.
    Pretty sure they know what they did....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I would think so, they would have change logs of modifications on desktop and server platforms. BTW, off topic, hope all you Quicken users are doing well and staying safe with the ongoing COVID-10 outbreak.
  • Bobbo
    Bobbo Member ✭✭✭
    This has been going on for at least two months. Whenever I start Quicken, a web sign in page pops up, stays for several seconds, then disappears. I can't do anything with it anyway - it doesn't allow any entries.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    I wish Quicken didn't initiate handshake with server unless user requested a function that was a requirement for outside connection. The process for home screen display is now slower than it was when only staying on local PC.
  • Hassayampa Slim
    Hassayampa Slim Member ✭✭✭
    Launches slowly... datafile signin won't accept keyboard entry until about 15 secs... phantom web signin screen looms in back or sometimes foreground for another 15-20 sec... screen flashes and blinks until finally we have a usable application. These are all known problems and have been for months. So much for that constant updating to fix bugs we're now paying annually for.
    I've used Quicken since Intuit bought out Parson's MoneyCounts back in the '80s and never had such issues. It acts more like a entirely new application just going into beta.
    Makes one wonder about security, and longevity of Quicken Inc.... not a comfortable thought.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is a mystery, we have pinpointed it down enough I think they could fix if it was a priority. Perhaps this COVID virus is causing delays? Some sort of feedback from Quicken would help us have a more positive attitude on issues and go a long way in providing good customer service. Resolving customer problems/queries as quickly as possible is a cornerstone of good customer service.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same annoyance here but I just ignore the screen and sign in with the file password.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

This discussion has been closed.