unable to set up account downloads after upgrade to 2020

I recently upgraded to 2020. After installation it would not perform one-step update, saying that Quicken online services were temporarily unavailable and to try after 10 minutes. I found a support answer that said I need to deactivate all the accounts, then reactivate them. When trying to reactivate them, I discovered that they would not reconnect. I tried Wells Fargo, Chase, and American Express, with no success--nothing happens after hitting the "connect button"

Best Answers

• Chris McGlone
    Chris McGlone Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    customer support fixed it. Had to restore data file from backup.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reset the Quicken ID associated with the data file:
    1. Select Edit > Preferences...
    2. Select Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    3. Select Sign in as a different user
    4. Enter yes
    5. Select Sign Out
    6. Sign in with your Quicken ID
  • Chris McGlone
    Chris McGlone Member ✭✭
    Well, that made absolutely no difference. Still the same error message: "Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least ten minutes..."
    I'm still trying to reactivate the accounts, but whenever I click the "connect" button it flashes and does nothing.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Chris McGlone,

Which version of Quicken were you using prior to upgrading to 2020?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris McGlone
    Chris McGlone Member ✭✭
    I was using 2017
  • Chris McGlone
    Chris McGlone Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    customer support fixed it. Had to restore data file from backup.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad that worked out for you. In record time, too!!

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.