Quicken no longer showing upcoming recurring scheduled expenses in Calendar

I just had my wonderful warning sent to me that my Quicken Deluxe 2017 was no longer going to work. So, I subscribed and now have the latest version.

Needless to say, I'm NOT pleased with certain changes. I absolutely rely on being able to view both my income and transfers as well as my upcoming scheduled payments all in one place - the calendar view. Been doing it that way for YEARS. I've been clicking on a given date and then selecting the entry that I wanted to enter into the register (payment or paycheck), and it was simplicity itself to keep track of everything.

Now, I find that some rocket scientist at Quicken has apparently decided that it's a great idea to separate "bills" from "income and transfers," which still appear in a calendar format. The Bills tab, on the other hand, just gives me a very limited list, apparently based on how many days in advanced I'd said to remind me of a given payment on.

This is cumbersome and frankly, confusing for me. I simply cannot view my bills-to-income information in my head this way. I *need* to see that information in ONE PLACE - the CALENDAR VIEW. A separate list showing just the bills simply doesn't work in my head.

I did a certain amount of searching on this subject, and it would seem that this problem began with the first release under the new subscription model back in 2017(ish), and I see a LOT of people complaining about it, but also some saying that the mythical Support that they'd somehow been able to contact had assured them that it was an error and it would be corrected in a future release.

I note that it's now 2020 and it sure doesn't look like they've fixed it yet.

So, *is* there any new information regarding this problem? *Is* there going to be a fix, and if so, how soon?

It's *really* frustrating for me to have to deal with this as it currently stands..... :-(

Thanks for any help, pointers, etc., that can be provided.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might double check in a couple different places to see if the - Bills AND Income Reminders - are checkmarked .....
    ie ---> Bills Income Transfer tab --> click Settings gear --> look for the "combine" -

same on the Calendar screen ---> pull down Options

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Dave GG
    Dave GG Member
    Thanks for the reply.

However, I've already tried those things. The first example you provide simply results in the same limited listing (line-by-line), only including the Income & Transfer items. That's not a calendar representation, and in fact, selecting that turns the calendar completely off, even for the "Income & Transfer" items.

Using Tools > Calendar to bring up that calendar window doesn't help, either. It shows a calendar, with nothing but blank entries. The options as you show them above only seems to affect the display on the "main" calendar (top menu "BILLS & INCOME," "Income & Transfers" tab). And at that, it doesn't turn on showing me the scheduled (but not yet put in the register or sent to the bank) payment items.

What I need is to have "Bills" & "Income & Transfers" both back on that same calendar under "BILLS & INCOME" - the way it has been all the way through Quicken 2017. I don't know *why* someone at Quicken thought that splitting those two groups apart so that you can't see the upcoming stuff on your calendar is a good idea, but it really wasn't. Judging by the other comments I ready while searching before posting this, I can see I'm not the only person who feels that way.

There simply doesn't seem to be a way to do it currently. Some of the replies that were posted in 2017 & 2018 indicated that Quicken Support had told them that this was something that would be fixed in a future release. I'd say that now that it's 2020, they've had plenty of time to do that.

Does anyone know if they're actually *going* to do this? :-(
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
     I'm running R25.10 - and my Calendar screen shows ALL of my Reminders.. those that are income, expenses, and all are recurring - else they would not be showing up ... at least for me -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Dave GG
    Dave GG Member
    That's what I'm running as well, as far as I can tell. :-) "About" shows Year 2020, Version R25.21, & Build 27.1.25.21.

I don't know what to say, or why mine is apparently showing something different than what yours is showing you. I don't know to include an image file here, or I'd be glad to show you a screen of the full calendar pop-up window, showing lots and lots of empty dates - including stuff that's already been paid, which shows on the big calendar under BILLS & INCOME, Income & Transfer to show that I'm not making this up. ;-)

It's bloody annoying; I don't understand why they needed to change this in such a way as to make it more inconvenient to plot out my expenses for the month..... :-(
  • Dave GG
    Dave GG Member
    (Oh, I did look at the greeting section, and one of the FAQs showed how to add a screenshot. Unfortunately, the menu bar thing that they show there doesn't appear for me here, so I can't select the option to upload a screen shot for these messages. Maybe they restrict that from new members...?
  • Dave GG
    Dave GG Member
    Thanks, that link was what I was referring to - I did read it, but I don't have the editing tools menu showing above my text area as I post this message (or any of the others). Don't know why....

As to your second question there.....

Oh bloody hell. *Completely* missed that while flailing about trying to find things. Good grief! 8-O

Sorry for being so dense, both of you. Thanks for the help and pointer; I've now got the Calendar view up that I want. That makes my life a LOT easier. :-)

Thanks again!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I just use..... Tools --> Calendar
    or the icon on the Quicken toolbar -
    which is the same as the "Show Full Calendar" text you see on the other calendar.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Dave GG
    Dave GG Member
    Yeah, I did finally get it figured out. :-) Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.